Release Notes (Website: Premium member Lists on the Search map) - March 1, 2021

With this release, we have added a Premium member improvement to view and map your Lists directly from the Search map on Geocaching.com. 

View your Lists on the map.

Premium member Lists on the search map: 

2sZyEKlnMx9Ed33zGgf8ws-RsGBCe77kIcgvMaoX

Viewing a specific List on the Search map:

LWhHeB64kNVRZIaTDtz9XAJrma6q3qvHjmSNBTAz

This new Premium member functionality allows you to view and map your Lists directly on the Search map. To edit and take action on your Lists, visit the List Hub.

Pooja (onepooja) is watching this thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Comments unrelated to the release may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

Maybe it's just the device I'm using but I cannot figure this out. The map/list toggle is really confusing me. 

I don't know what I'm looking at. 

I tried the feature on a different device, and it was a completely different experience. Now I see the Lists options on the Search Map.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Geocaching HQ said:

With this release, we have added a Premium member improvement to view and map your Lists directly from the Search map on Geocaching.com. 

View your Lists on the map.

Premium member Lists on the search map: 

2sZyEKlnMx9Ed33zGgf8ws-RsGBCe77kIcgvMaoX

Viewing a specific List on the Search map:

LWhHeB64kNVRZIaTDtz9XAJrma6q3qvHjmSNBTAz

This new Premium member functionality allows you to view and map your Lists directly on the Search map. To edit and take action on your Lists, visit the List H
Pooja (onepooja) is watching this thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Comments unrelated to the release may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

Well done... love this!

• Surprised 1

Seems to work just fine.

Screenshot_20210302_145920.png.6d69c1031a88c447595b0d3e86600d46.png

Can you make the list sorting sticky, like on https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists?

And sync the 2, so when I sort my lists by name on the List hub and than visit visit the map it is also sorted by name

(preferably also sync this to the app because I still hate that the app sorts lists by last edit)

Screenshot_20210302_145728.png.2d63f0c58c8f4982ad2fde81d2beac16.png

Maybe also add a remove from list button?

• Funny 2
On 3/2/2021 at 9:22 PM, Optimist on the run said:

I hope this isn't a prelude to killing off the browse map, which already has this functionality (by creating a PQ of a list). The layers on browse map are far better.

This! The map options on the search map don't work at all for me. I prefer some of the OSM maps on the browse maps, like the OSM cycle map as it has all the details i need to plan a trip

• Upvote 7

The View Browse Map does not show any of my selected Pocket Queries Views.  So If I am looking at Lake Tahoe area and then choose my Pocket Query of SF, it does not move to that area, just stays where I have moved my map search.  

If I go to Build Pocket Query from my account page and the choose Preview in Geocaching Maps, I get a map of my area and not my pocket query area.  

I cannot preview my Pocket Query to determine if I have the correct area picked.

It appears that all Pocket Queries View link is broken.

This started to occur on 04/28/2021.  

Normal Search view.png

Search View when pick Pocket Queries.png

• Helpful 1