Pocket Query E-mails getting sent to me every morning

CAPTAINVALPO96

2 minutes ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Hey, I am a premium member and made 2 pocket queries since becoming premium. Ever since I have made those queries, I get an E-mail early each morning that tells me something about the queries. Do you guys get the same? (Note: this is a premium member only activity.)

No. I am not getting the same. 

Do you have it marked for every day of the week? 

2 minutes ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Because it is for new caches so I have it each day. Maybe switch it to 1-2 times a week?

I don't run a pocket query for new geocaches, I set up notifications for them, so I'm not the right person to help with that. 

But sure, you can change how often you want the pocket query to run!

1 hour ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Ever since I have made those queries, I get an E-mail early each morning that tells me something about the queries.

You care to say what the email tells you or do we have to guess? ;)

Is it "Your PQ xxxxx is ready for download"?

If so, that means you have set the PQ to run daily.

BTW, I never run PQs to get newly published caches as PQ can only be set to select the placed date not the published date. Sometimes (often!) the placed date is weeks or even months ago which means a PQ for "new" caches  placed "during the last week/month" may not contain caches published during the last week/month.

I'm now solving mysteries that were published Feb 27th  but they all have their placed date as Jan. 31st.

I get newly published caches via the API in GSAK where I can select "placed during the last xx days"

• Helpful 1
7 hours ago, on4bam said:

You care to say what the email tells you or do we have to guess? ;)

Is it "Your PQ xxxxx is ready for download"?

If so, that means you have set the PQ to run daily.

BTW, I never run PQs to get newly published caches as PQ can only be set to select the placed date not the published date. Sometimes (often!) the placed date is weeks or even months ago which means a PQ for "new" caches  placed "during the last week/month" may not contain caches published during the last week/month.

I'm now solving mysteries that were published Feb 27th  but they all have their placed date as Jan. 31st.

I get newly published caches via the API in GSAK where I can select "placed during the last xx days"

Ok. I understand that now. What you use is notifications (PM only), right?

20 minutes ago, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Ok. I understand that now. What you use is notifications (PM only), right?

No. I use GSAK (windows) as an offline database with geocaches. This allows me to access geocache data via API to download caches instead of downloading GPX or PQs. Although I get notifications for new caches, I don't download the individual GPX files for new caches but just use GSAK to download all Belgian (or whatever area) caches published during the last xx days in one go. They are then added to the offline database.

To go caching I just select caches I want to do and let GSAK send them (as 1 file) to my GPX.

• Surprised 2
On 3/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, CAPTAINVALPO96 said:

Hey, I am a premium member and made 2 pocket queries since becoming premium. Ever since I have made those queries, I get an E-mail early each morning that tells me something about the queries. Do you guys get the same? (Note: this is a premium member only activity.)

That's the way pocket queries work.

You create search criteria, give it a name and save it.

You can then select which days of the week it will run.

On days that you've selected for the query to run, it will execute the search, and send you a link for the results.  

Note that you don't *have* to select a day of the week for a query to run.  You can create dozens of different searches, run them one time, then run it again only when you need it.   For example,   whenever I travel (or travelled) I create a pocket query for the area I'm going to.  For example, I have one for Rome, Italy that I created the for first time I went there.  I had no use for it until I traveled there again (and again).  I've used it six times.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Note that you don't *have* to select a day of the week for a query to run.  You can create dozens of different searches, run them one time, then run it again only when you need it.

Specifically, at the top of the page where a PQ is set up there are three options:

image.png.b278204fc673bd6a062b11702ce2a714.png

With the first option, it will run once on each of the days selected then stop. With the second option it will keep running on those days every week, and with the third option it will run once on the first selected day then delete itself.

• Upvote 1