Changes to a waymark after publication

Max and 99

I'm not talking about edits or updates or small corrections. I'm talking about adding totally inappropriate things to a waymark after it's been approved. 

If you know that a waymarker is continually doing this, stop approving their waymarks. ALL of them. Or approve it and lock it. 

And this is coming from someone who thinks locking a waymark should be a rare thing. 

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm not talking about edits or updates or small corrections. I'm talking about adding totally inappropriate things to a waymark after it's been approved. 

If you know that a waymarker is continually doing this, stop approving their waymarks. ALL of them. Or approve it and lock it. 

And this is coming from someone who thinks locking a waymark should be a rare thing. 

Examples

1 minute ago, pmaupin said:

Examples

Here's the most recent: 

[Redacted name]  favorite rich uncle told [redacted name]  that if you killed a rat while watching a movie you got a free popcorn and you had to go barefoot cause your shoes would stick to the floor.

In no world does this go on the waymark page.

10 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Here's the most recent: 

[Redacted name]  favorite rich uncle told [redacted name]  that if you killed a rat while watching a movie you got a free popcorn and you had to go barefoot cause your shoes would stick to the floor.

In no world does this go on the waymark page.

But it's horrible, how can you publish that !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, pmaupin said:

But it's horrible, how can you publish that !!!!!!!

I am 99% certain this was added after publication. Just like all the others. 

In my opinion  waymarker who continues to do this should not have any waymarks approved at all. And if said waymarker approves his own waymarks which is a very common occurrence then ban him. 

Just stating my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Think a bit about what recently has transpired, politically, in not only the US, but much of the Western World.

Tyranny has been forestalled, for the moment, by the cumulative voice of the citizens of democratic institutions.

Avoiding tyranny here may possibly only be avoided  through the same means.

At present, the only reasonable means I can suggest is the bombardment of either our Wayfroggie or Groundspeak itself, preferably both, with a groundswell of mail expressing our collective dissatisfaction with the status quo vis a vis the individual in question, to whom we may here refer as Individual 1.

Beyond that we can gripe about the guy or learn to live with him.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Keith

(BTW, I'm feeling left out. He/they hasn't/haven't sent me any nasty mails for months and months now.)

On 2/27/2021 at 7:49 PM, elyob said:

Even if management was brave enough to ban the individual from category officership, would that stop the individual from destroying this game?

I can't answer that question any more knowledgeably than can you, but it presently seems that such an action (banning the individual) would, in all likelihood, prove more beneficial than detrimental.

Keith

• Upvote 1