Cache owner dashboard - Sort on cache name

Hidey-Rob

I am sorting 116 caches, and it is only a small number that are coming up out of sequence, but they were all ok yesterday. I import them into a spreadsheet, which I did manually from the cache pages for 5+ years and takes ages, but I have been importing from the cache owner dashboard since it came out last year and takes only seconds. This is the first day in perhaps a 100 previous downloads that it isn't working. I have just sorted the list manually, and all the data is present and correct, just a few scattered blocks in the wrong order. I will keep a eye on it.

Thanks for your reply,

Rob

28 minutes ago, Hidey-Rob said:

I am sorting 116 caches, and it is only a small number that are coming up out of sequence, but they were all ok yesterday. I import them into a spreadsheet, which I did manually from the cache pages for 5+ years and takes ages, but I have been importing from the cache owner dashboard since it came out last year and takes only seconds. This is the first day in perhaps a 100 previous downloads that it isn't working. I have just sorted the list manually, and all the data is present and correct, just a few scattered blocks in the wrong order. I will keep a eye on it.

Thanks for your reply,

Rob

Well you got me curious since I can't find one out of order on my list. Any chance you can post a screenshot of what's not in order? 

The reason I ask is it because on my list once in a while it'll look like something's out of order but then I realize a punctuation affects the ordering.

I do realize what you're saying you've been doing this for a long time and everything's always looked right. I'm just curious.

5 hours ago, Hidey-Rob said:

One example in the attached screen shot. IVCP 1 and IVCP 2 are at the bottom of the screen, but should be at the top, after HC 8.

That's a cute bug! I see the same thing in the search screen...except the misorder is different! I see 4,5,7,1,2,3,6,8,9. Before I noticed the difference between our two results, I was thinking you might have accidentally put some spaces or something in the names, but I checked and can't see any problems like that. All your other caches are ordered correctly in my list. Are those the only ones you see out of order? If everything else is OK for you, too, I wonder if this has something to do with those names being the only ones with a 4 character prefix.

I have about 6 separate misplaced blocks. Interestingly each time I start up the cache owner dashboard and click on name to sort into cache name order, the result is different. This has not happened before today, and I have been using it since the dashboard went live, so it is definitely the sort on the website that is suddenly going wrong, as nothing else is changing. It is not a major problem for me, as I can download the data, and then do my own sort, before I import it into my spreadsheet, but the extra stage makes it a bit messy compared to a single stage import. All 116 of my caches have the prefix, ranging in length from "NC 1" to "IVCP 9", and they have all been ok since day 1 up until yesterday, but today the problem started. You only saw 4 character prefixes as I only copied 1 screen out of about 12, but there are other length prefixes out of place on other screens. It is even more off putting that multiple sorts give multiple results.