Worried about Cache location for installation

TheGlassSoup

Hello! 

I work for a municipality that hosts an annual International Children's Festival and because covid is as covid does we are looking for ways to give the community self guided entertainment in the theme and spirit of our children's festival. 

We plan on creating a large, hidden in plain sight, cache, likely an old refurbished utility box with a lock or something similar. It will have an art piece built into it to match other pieces of art hidden in storefront windows around the city (these will not be official geocaches) but we hope for this one to be able to have it as permanent installation in one of our parks and be an official cache. 

My issue, and the issue I need help with: is that this requires permanent install. It's not just a drop it and log the cache, kind of thing. My fear is that we will put work into building and installing this immovable object only to find out there is an issue with the cache location after submitting it. I have used the geocache planning page,  but live in fear of multi-cache locations and other unforeseen issues. My original plan was to hide a small cache in the location we want it in and then change the cache details once we have the full sized cache installed in it's correct location. but geocaching.com tells me this "If edits to your cache page change the experience of your geocache fundamentally, it may be appropriate to archive the cache page and submit a new one."
Does anyone have any better ideas, is there a tool that i'm missing that makes my plans easier? or is hiding a cache and then archiving it to replace it my best option? 

• Upvote 1

Hello, and thanks for your interest in sponsoring what sounds like an awesome geocache.

When a cache takes extra effort like you described, it's wise to clear the location in advance of doing all that work.  To do this, see the bottom section of this Help Center article, under the heading "Ask a reviewer to check coordinates."  Your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will be happy to help you.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Keystone said:

Hello, and thanks for your interest in sponsoring what sounds like an awesome geocache.

When a cache takes extra effort like you described, it's wise to clear the location in advance of doing all that work.  To do this, see the bottom section of this Help Center article, under the heading "Ask a reviewer to check coordinates."  Your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will be happy to help you.

This is exactly the kind of advise I was hoping someone would be able to provide me with! This is perfect! Thank you!

• Upvote 2