Jump to content

Mention someone in a log


RCH65

Recommended Posts

There is a (undocumented? well hidden?) function when writing a log: Press '@' and you get a list of your friends to choose from. This is a very nice feature to mention somone, including a working link to his/her profile and an automatic 'Someone mentioned you...'-Mail to the referred profile. Nice! :)

 

However, the function seems to be quite buggy. 

 

  • The popup list shows 10 (randomly selected?) friends. That's it.
    I'm pretty sure that - some time ago - it was possible to select additional/other friends by pressing the first letter of their profile name.
    This doesn't work anymore.
  • The function only works once. If you press ESC, it won't popup again.

 

Is this just me? 

Anyone else using this function? (BTW: Is this an officially supported function? Can't find any documentation...)

  • Love 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, RCH65 said:

The popup list shows 10 (randomly selected?) friends. That's it.
I'm pretty sure that - some time ago - it was possible to select additional/other friends by pressing the first letter of their profile name.
This doesn't work anymore.

I'd forgotten about this feature since I never use the new logging page. It is a cool idea, but nothing I miss since it's not supported in the old page. Yeah, weird choice of names to present, but you can follow the @ with typing in the name to get to whatever friend you want.

 

3 hours ago, RCH65 said:

The function only works once. If you press ESC, it won't popup again.

I don't see this. I can ESC, leaving the @ in the log without a name, then @ again to get the list again next to a new @.

 

By the way, while typing this is, I discovered the same feature is available in the forums! Except that list isn't limited to your friends, so you always have to type in the name to get to the person you want.

  • Helpful 1
Link to post

Hmmm... strange things happen.
It works! It *never* worked for me - not even once! And I tried many, many (many!) times.
But now it does. Wow. 

 

I'm wondering what caused the difference.

Hope this will last for a while... 🤪

  • Funny 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, RCH65 said:

Hmmm... strange things happen.
It works! It *never* worked for me - not even once! And I tried many, many (many!) times.
But now it does. Wow. 

 

I'm wondering what caused the difference.

Hope this will last for a while... 🤪

I'll take all the credit! :D

  • Funny 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...