Broken links to images

carsten-s

19 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Much of the "About" section of the Geocaching.com website is deprecated (out of date). 

To be honest  I think that's unforgivable.

If there's content on your website that you know is out of date then you should remove it, even replacing it with a "page to be updated" message would be better than leaving outdated content in place, even better would be to replace it with a link to the current real information.

• Upvote 5
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 3

It's not "my" website.  As a site volunteer, my post was informational and was made in an effort to be helpful.

Could anyone point me to an active page on the Geocaching.com website that links to the outdated Souvenirs page?  Those referring pages should link to the Help Center.  EDIT:  I found one - the "Souvenirs" tab on each user's profile page.

Edited by Keystone
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, Keystone said:

It's not "my" website. 

In my reply I wasn't using You as a definite pronoun, i.e. specifically referring to you as an individual; I was using it as an indefinite pronoun not referring to any individual or organisation specifically, I might have phrased it as :

If there's content on one's website that one knows is out of date then one should remove it...

3 hours ago, Keystone said:

As a site volunteer,

Yeah, sorry about that. TBH when I wrote it I was mixing you up with RockChalk, who is a lackey - so I apologise  :)

But I stand by the general point, and if you personally recognise that   "Much of the "About" section of the Geocaching.com website is deprecated (out of date). " then it would be surprising if the Lackeys don't know it, and they really ought to do something about it, it's not as if it would be a lot of coding effort requiring regression testing etc.

Edited by MartyBartfast
  • Upvote 1