Looking for corrected coords on logged multi

Vidfamne

I'm trying to find the corrected coords for a multi-cache that I've found and logged. From what I can see, the corrected coords are reset to the published coords after logging a find (I guess for the purpose of geoarts to look good). But is there a way to retrieve the already corrected coords in some way?

The reason for this, is that I'm in the process of placing a cache and there obviously is a container of a multi in the vicinity. I know that I already found that multi, but it demands a lot of calculations and onsite checks to solve it, so I'd rather not have to solve it again, if I can retrieve it in some way.

(Bi-question; Anyone using a good mapping software to determine where other caches are placed and the 161m radius circles can be set, like the one from the create-cache official tool - but where you can also place own points? Like the found multi's as per above. Would be helpful to determine where containers should _not_ be placed in advance, but even for multi/myst solved caches)

Your corrected coordinates are still shown on the cache page, but (sadly) not on the map.  There have been a number of requests to change the mapping behaviour.  (The obvious solution would be to allow the user to toggle between posted and corrected coords.)

I use GSAK ... the answer is always GSAK! ?

Edited by IceColdUK
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
15 minutes ago, Vidfamne said:

I'm trying to find the corrected coords for a multi-cache that I've found and logged. From what I can see, the corrected coords are reset to the published coords after logging a find (I guess for the purpose of geoarts to look good). But is there a way to retrieve the already corrected coords in some way?

The corrected coordinates on the cache page aren't reset after logging a find, all that changes is where it's displayed on the search and browse maps. The small map on the cache page still shows the cache icon at its corrected coordinates.

17 minutes ago, IceColdUK said:

I use GSAK ... the answer is always GSAK! ?

After a day out caching I always do "bookkeeping". That means adding all found info in the notes section in GSAK and adding all WPs. If needed everything can be shown on a map with 161m circles or exported to a favorite mapping tool.

• Upvote 3
On 2/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, barefootjeff said:

The corrected coordinates on the cache page aren't reset after logging a find, all that changes is where it's displayed on the search and browse maps. The small map on the cache page still shows the cache icon at its corrected coordinates.

Well, in my case, I've tried this a lot now and if I take the 'corrected coords' from the cachepage and enter tem on Google maps, I end up at the original cachepoint and not on the place where the container is located. So it seems as if the corrected coords actually is not maintained after logging the find, contrary to what I would expect....

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Vidfamne said:

Well, in my case, I've tried this a lot now and if I take the 'corrected coords' from the cachepage and enter tem on Google maps, I end up at the original cachepoint and not on the place where the container is located. So it seems as if the corrected coords actually is not maintained after logging the find, contrary to what I would expect....

It works correctly for me. If I copy and paste from the cache page of a found multi into Google Maps, the coordinates copied and displayed are the corrected coordinates.

From the cache page of a multi I've found that has corrected coordinates :

image.png.0b1b60ef5cc18a23187018ac3ee7d1eb.png

Highlight the coordinates and copy them to the clipboard:]

image.png.57ef70f42d21fcbd99f3a256c7ae20c2.png

Paste them into Google Maps:

image.png.20fec9ad77d4ac4d024ac473f091bb04.png

This is where the cache was. The listed coordinates of that one were S 33° 25.858' E 151° 17.643' which is 5.4km away in Kariong. This is an archived cache so I'm not giving anything away, but it works the same on caches that are still in play.

What are you doing that's different? Screen shots?

Edited by barefootjeff