Raleigh News and Observer Article

JoeyBob

I went geocaching today with JeffersonStone, and the Take It Outside writer Joe Miller, and a photographer whose name I cannot recall for the life of me(Sorry). They are writing an article on Geocaching for next Friday's Life section. We went to Worth the Trip in Wake Forest, NC, which is a very challenging cache. I definitely recommend going after this one! JeffersonStone and I really enjoyed meeting these gentlemen, and we all had a pleasant afternoon caching. Looking forward to the article, will let you know more if we find out anything.

JoeyBob

Hey! We are heading out Raleigh way this weekend. As a family we have been to over 60 caches so far...just completed the Lord of the Rings Multicache in PA ...so my question is what are some of the best caches up your way? We'll be your way for 3 days.........

thanks!

Dx

There in the sunshine are my highest aspirations...

I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them

and try to follow where they lead.

LMAlcott

Yeah, Dxchallenged, one of the best yet for me would be the "Worth the Trip" cache. Another close by there right off the road is the "Rockhound" cache by Joeybob. Another one in town you may wanna try is "Ewok Village." There is another one right around in this area too, "Eastgate Cache." My personal fav and first, "Hannah Berry."

If you have the time and determination, Beaver's Playground is quite fun. If you have kids with you, go to Good Googalooga, and Dubble Bubble Cache. Good parks at both locations, especially the Dubble Bubble cache. Eastgate isn't bad for kids, my 5 year old found it by himself. Let me think a little, and will try to post more. Chapel Hill has been booming with caches lately, JeffersonStone and I have been meaning to head that way. Hope this helps a bit. icon_biggrin.gif

JoeyBob

If you have the time and determination, Beaver's Playground is quite fun. If you have kids with you, go to Good Googalooga, and Dubble Bubble Cache. Good parks at both locations, especially the Dubble Bubble cache. Eastgate isn't bad for kids, my 5 year old found it by himself. Let me think a little, and will try to post more. Chapel Hill has been booming with caches lately, JeffersonStone and I have been meaning to head that way. Hope this helps a bit. icon_biggrin.gif

JoeyBob

Sorry JoeyBob ... you'd think things would have changed since I lived in Raleigh and went to NCSU in the mid 70's... but some things never change or improve ... like the good old RN&O! Everything was always a day late and a dollar short! We'll keep looking though ... let us know!

348_2602.gif