Knights Templar and Sherlock Snag the Tag

Max and 99

New game!

Attention geocachers: We are recruiting you for a worldly quest. Legend tells of a rose so radiant that Knights from every realm went seeking it! Go out and claim one of your very own and earn your place among the Templars!

The game is simple: go to a location where a Knight Templar seal has been spotted. If you get there first, you will find a seal tag waiting for you. Please take the tag to keep as your own. Please do not grab more than one tag of each color. Claim the tag online as soon as possible following the instructions on the back so it can be removed from the map. You will then be given instructions how to get a trackable suncatcher geocoin prize that combines with the tag! How cool is that?

There are two kinds of seals: one for dark templars (black nickel) and one for light templars (antique silver). Get them both and become a Templar grand master! These coins and tags are exclusive to this Templar Radiant Knights Quest game.

The hider packs will go on pre-sale, Thursday February 11: Hider Packs Sale page
There will also be a gold supporter coin available at that time.

Stay alert - and set an alert - because a knight seal may appear at any time and anywhere in the world. Join our Facebook Group for game updates and announcements and follow the game on Instagram and Twitter.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/snagthetag/templar_coin_image.jpg

Redemption rules: Strictly one coin of each type per household and family member; please do not grab more than one of each tag. There is no charge for the redemption geocoin, but you are responsible for any shipping charges. As a courtesy to other finders, please claim your tag immediately. Instructions for claiming are on the back of the tag. The geocoin must be claimed by June 30, 2021. FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT REDEMPTION: Support@SnagtheTag

Edited by Max and 99
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I love this part:

Bonus: If you are a hider for one of the Templars you can find the other.

I saw that there was also a  gold supporter coin that you could buy if you wanted the coin, but didn’t want to play the game.  That is something new.  I finally got the new game alert...so maybe they fixed something as I didn’t get an alert for the past couple of games.  

16 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

Killer for international though. The gold coin including shipping came to over $50CAD.  :(

You got me wondering something. I have not thought this through. When I hide a tag almost certainly the finder is local. Instead of paying shipping for The hider plus shipping for The finder to redeem their gift, why can't we just put both tags together when we hide them and save all that cost of shipping? 

6 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

When I hide a tag almost certainly the finder is local. Instead of paying shipping for The hider plus shipping for The finder to redeem their gift, why can't we just put both tags together when we hide them and save all that cost of shipping? 

Guaranteed there will be people buying a hider pack and keeping both the tag and prize geocoin.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

You got me wondering something. I have not thought this through. When I hide a tag almost certainly the finder is local. Instead of paying shipping for The hider plus shipping for The finder to redeem their gift, why can't we just put both tags together when we hide them and save all that cost of shipping? 

I thought about emailing them to ask what they did with un-redeemed tags.  I think the 2 mammoth tags I hid 2 games ago were claimed but never got redeemed. Or at least I never got an email about it.    I got an email message from the agent of dawn game that the 2 tags I hid were claimed and then redeemed.  Maybe another new change to their system. 

10 hours ago, outdoorsoccer said:

Not me, but did check on my order and it still shows as being on hold.  So maybe the game will start later than expected?  

Thanks for checking that. I'm wondering if maybe they wanted to see how many would buy it before they had it made?

If I remember correctly this one is a worldwide game.  

7 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm starting to doubt that I ever placed an order. ?

Lol.  Same here.  They did charge my CC, and my order was still on hold when I checked it the other day.  

I just saw another game was advertised. I like the theme.  I so want to get the Sherlock coin, but not having finished the Templar I am not sure I can do it. 

10 minutes ago, outdoorsoccer said:

Lol.  Same here.  They did charge my CC, and my order was still on hold when I checked it the other day.  

I just saw another game was advertised. I like the theme.  I so want to get the Sherlock coin, but not having finished the Templar I am not sure I can do it. 

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up on Sherlock. 

Can you tell me what the confirmation email is from, what company? For the Templar game?

3 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up on Sherlock. 

Can you tell me what the confirmation email is from, what company? For the Templar game?

I never received a confirmation email.  I was paying this month’s bill and saw the charge on it.  I’ll let you know if I get any real notification.   I am waiting on a FTF coin (also on the order) so I can place a themed multi-cache.  

8 minutes ago, outdoorsoccer said:

I never received a confirmation email.  I was paying this month’s bill and saw the charge on it.  I’ll let you know if I get any real notification.   I am waiting on a FTF coin (also on the order) so I can place a themed multi-cache.  

That helps! 

58 minutes ago, outdoorsoccer said:

Well good news. I was just messaging them, and they found my order. I did not imagine ordering it. It will ship soon!

Edited by Max and 99

I'm not disagreeing, but this is different: 

They recommend that the tag is no more than a 1.5 /1.5, close to parking.

And I didn't realize that as a hider of the morning tag I could be a finder on the evening tag!  I think I got the email and rushed so fast to order the tag and didn't pay attention to the details. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1

I was about to post about my confusion with the Sherlock hiding kit since the letter matched what I received but something didn't quite seem right. Sure enough, after checking the packing box a THIRD time I found a missing tag that had escaped all the packaging and was tucked very snugly into a flap. Now the letter made more sense! 😁

12 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm confused. I thought there are Sherlock tags and there are Moriarty tags.

There are two kinds of tags: antiqued gold Holmes that publish at 7 am and an antiqued silver that publish at 7 pm. 

I think mine look goldish. 

I guess the silver one is supposed to be the  Moriarty tag.  Maybe they have the same design on them, just different color to differentiate them. Hopefully someone who ordered a  Moriarty tag can confirm.