Becoming Creator for School (and fast)

AlbertLivingston

Hello, I am a Primary and Secondary teacher from Prague, Czech Republic. I would like to build private adventures for our pupils, who are currently under lockdown and cannot meet up. I was planning some interactive audio/video lesson connected labs. The first adventure was to be on 26th of February 2021.

I bought premium account, went on my first adventure today to meet the criteria, however:
I just found out I need to be selected to be able to create and it may take months! 

Is there any way how to explain myself to the admins to speed up the process?

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas on how to make this happen.

30 minutes ago, AlbertLivingston said:

I would like to build private adventures for our pupils...

Geocaching is usually a public activity, so those AdLabs would need to be available to everybody.

PS: You can use the app to create waypoints of desired spots and after that you can share those waypoints with your students... even if they would not belong to a proper published geocache. It may work for you.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, AlbertLivingston said:

Hello, I am a Primary and Secondary teacher from Prague, Czech Republic. I would like to build private adventures for our pupils, who are currently under lockdown and cannot meet up. I was planning some interactive audio/video lesson connected labs. The first adventure was to be on 26th of February 2021.
I bought premium account, went on my first adventure today to meet the criteria, however:
I just found out I need to be selected to be able to create and it may take months! 

Is there any way how to explain myself to the admins to speed up the process?
Thank you for any suggestions or ideas on how to make this happen.

(and fast)...

Have you read Geocaching 101, or other helpful information in the  Help Center before planning this with a date  ?    :)

This hobby is open to everyone.  Other than making caches pmo, we can't keep others from finding geocaches.

Noticed you've  "found"  six lab cache stages.     

These aren't anything like the actual hobby,  where walking outside and signing logs in a hidden container is the standard.

Did you have any intention to require all your pupils become members on the site to play?   

No offense, but I'm personally not too thrilled with kids thinking this is yet-another online "game"...

The "premium account" doesn't allow you to advance over others, and most get a premium account to do lists, bookmarks, PQs on geocaches, and notifications of new caches coming out.   ;)