Hint does not refresh on mobile app

Chipper3

I changed the wording of the hint on a cache from my desktop.  When I view the cache on my laptop, the change is updated.

But, when I check on my mobile app, the old hint is still showing.  Maybe memory/cache not updating on my iPhone?  Or does it take a while to ripple/propagate thru the net?

The change was made 24 hour ago .

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I've had that issue before.

What I've done is to just zoom out, then zoom in on a different area of the map so that the app updates the caches it has in its local memory. Then zoom out and go back to where the cache of interest is. That usually makes the app re-grab the cache data from the server. Normally I do this when I've found a few caches and want to see those smilies!

1 hour ago, Unit473L said:

I've had that issue before.

What I've done is to just zoom out, then zoom in on a different area of the map so that the app updates the caches it has in its local memory. Then zoom out and go back to where the cache of interest is. That usually makes the app re-grab the cache data from the server. Normally I do this when I've found a few caches and want to see those smilies!

Thank you, Unit473L for a solution!   

Worked perfectly and a good idea to refresh the data every now and then to be sure of having up to date info.

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, T-LA said:

I have the same problem.

The solution worked once, but not the second time.

We really need a REFRESH button when the cache is open.

I see you have a iPhone, I'm running Android, so it isn't an OS specific problem.

The official app doesn't have a refresh action, but some of the API apps do.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:15 PM, Max and 99 said:

On the official app I can refresh each individual cache page by pulling down from the top.

I was thinking more about apps that can create offline lists from searches in addition to bookmark lists and then periodically refresh the entire list by the same pull down method.

I too made changes which I could see on the website but not in the android geocaching app. After a postin the help section I was advised to Pull Down to refresh. It did . But the app should refresh every time my phone is switched off and on surely?