Cache adoption

Yarddogg73TCF

For cache transfers, use the do-it-yourself adoption tool found at http://www.geocaching.com/adopt -- the existing owner will need to go there first, enter the GC Code and the name of the transferee, and then a message is sent to alert the new owner to go to the same page and accept the transfer.  No involvement by Geocaching.com or a volunteer cache reviewer is needed.

For more information on cache adoptions, see this Help Center article.

• Helpful 1

I have a related question. There is a multi cache too good to let go -- at least the first part is still there, have not yet located the second/last part. I had a question for the CO but his email address has been disconnected, and there has been no logged find for the CO since 2014, no "heard from" in messages since 2018. Wonder  why the check if not caching?

Anyway, now it appears the CO is either not caching or has switched user name. I was wondering if the cache could be adopted, but I know the CO initiates the process. If there is no way to contact the CO I guess the cache will live until it goes sour and is archived. Cache is Ye Olde Mill, GC1657R.  It is a bit far for me for maintenance , but closer to me than the CO's listed address.

I have a message on a local Facebook Geocaching page trying to find the person. 

• Funny 1