How do I block a user?

kiwitonita

2 hours ago, kiwitonita said:

I wish to block a user from posting on my geocaches or sending messages.  Is this possible?

You can't block a user from logging your caches. But you can block messages. Hover the icon here in the forum, click "Ignore User" and then select all checkboxes:

6c73f7261571d707a2e48dd0899fdeeb.png

In addition to the post above:

If you decide to block someone, don't unblock him later on, cause then you lose the possibility to block him in the future. I used this feature once and experienced such a bug, when I was not quite sure about the "blocking" thing - unblocked and blocked later the 2nd time, the messages were not blocked at all from this person.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1

If you are really deleting the cacher's logs because he used a certain image, then you're being petty. His log stands regardless of the silly icon. If he reports it to HQ, they will side with him.

If you are deleting the cacher's logs because he hasn't signed the physical log, then I'd suggest messaging him to that effect so that he knows, rather than leaving him to assume it was because of an icon in his online log.

Edited by TriciaG
  • Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1
8 hours ago, kiwitonita said:

I wish to block a user from posting on my geocaches or sending messages.  Is this possible?

This hobby doesn't exclude anyone, so thinking that you're gonna "block" someone I don't feel will happen.

Agree with TriciaG, if you're just upset about a "devil" emoji, maybe this hiding part of the hobby isn't what you expected.   :)

If they are indeed signing the logs on your caches and you're deleting their finds, you may be the one that gets a note from HQ.  

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, TriciaG said:

If you are really deleting the cacher's logs because he used a certain image, then you're being petty. His log stands regardless of the silly icon. If he reports it to HQ, they will side with him.

I just checked this out. If true, dang.. The cancel culture will destroy humanity eventually. But that's just my lowly opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Surprised 1
  • Love 1