Anyone know whats going on with Florida cache approvals?

BronxBombers

Doc-Dean said:

quote:
How about approving them before I even think of them?? Now that's fast!!

We can do that. Just run your idea past an approver while you're still formulating it and before you submit it. We'll be happy to give you a tacit approval, and/or work with you to make it fit the guidelines. Then e-mail us with the URL and a reminder of the earlier discussion when you do submit the cache. That's almost approving it before you think of it. icon_wink.gif

erik - geocaching.com admin

"I'm glad this hobby isn't run like a business or I'd have to punch out at 5:00 and leave the customers hanging....."

As one of the more active cachers in Florida I can tell you I have had little problem getting caches approved in Florida Before Crow or After Crow. As for Eric's comments I have appreciated the oppurtunities I have had to discuss cache with both admins and have ran ideas before placing caches with them both. Some have been approved and some have been denied. , but I always know before hand if the cache is or could be controversial what the thinking is before hand. Do I think the system could be better? Yes I do but on the other hand I think it is best to work with those that are making decisions rather than slam them and then complain about not getting your caches approved. HMMMMMMM seem my old mother told me once You catch more flys with honey than vinegar,new translation you catch more mosquioes with blood than deet. What say you all let's just find a way to work together.

boldly going where others have gone before

Amen to the Federations Comments. The approvers are volunteers who do the best they can. I for one appreciate them Ive had one disaproval and I knew it was shaky when i submitted it. When it didnt show up in 3or 4 days I reworded it and resubmitted and there it was. Thanks to Honeychile, NC Caches seem to approved without much problems and those that arnt seem to know why. As for Eric I think he was trying to make light of a comment and not make a snide remark. This is a fun sport not a combat arena so lets have fun and cache.