New Drafts Page

ecanderson

Like all of the other useful pages that are being set aside, one by one, I'm worried that there's probably an expiration date on the old Drafts page as well.

I'm sure it's been brought up already, but a Drafts page that has no facility for being able to jump briefly to the cache page itself is a real PITA.  Too often, I will Right Click on the cache name, then 'Open Link in New Tab' to refresh my memory of the cache page before starting my actual log.   I can find absolutely no way to accomplish this simple task from the new page.  Clicking on the cache name sends you to the log entry now, not the cache page.

I wish gc.com would quit sending me to the new dashboard.  Getting tired of the 'opt out'.  Just hope I can keep doing it for a long time.

Typical -- loss of functionality for the 'new and improved' version.

Drafts.jpg.91d4725488a4af0795bdd7d1094715bb.jpg

Edited by ecanderson
  • Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

I don't have any drafts to test with at the moment, but would swear I'd tried that, too.

Will check again next run.

Would still prefer that I have it before starting the log, though.

NEITHER system display the GC code anywhere on the list of drafts.  That's something I'd like to see added in any case.  I know that many people cache by 'cache name', but we cache by 'gc code' (our run lists are built with them as they're a LOT shorter on the page), and having it displayed wherever possible is always helpful.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

As much as I liked GC Little Helper, and have used it some years ago, I found that gc.com was capable of breaking it with (often unhelpful) web site changes faster than anyone at GCLH could keep up with it.

In any case, it's such a basic thing from the previous drafts page that I'd like to see it reinstated.  How tough could it be to allow the cache names in the lists to be, as they once were, cache links instead of yet more click space devoted to moving on to the log page?

• Upvote 2

I right clicked on the cache name in the 'new' drafts page, thinking it would operate as it did on the old version and bring up the cache page in a separate tab, and it took me instead to the logging screen for the draft, NOT the cache page.  Tried clicking on every millimeter of the 'new' drafts page, and found no mouse field for cache page link.

Edited by ecanderson
3 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

Are you saying that once I'm on the log page, there's facility for opening a new tab for the cache page from there?

Yes. On top of the log page there is a "Cache name by cache owner" entry. Those are links to the cache page or the co's profile page.

d247b4571a3a8b4cac631cef503b5691.png

Hans

Edited by HHL
  • Funny 1
On 1/17/2021 at 2:05 AM, ecanderson said:

Typical -- loss of functionality for the 'new and improved' version.

This happens way too often. Not only with Geocaching dot com, but it's honestly how I feel about most pages that has been updated to a more "modern design" the last years. Everything becomes bigger, and it contains less information than before. Also seems to be less and less of standard HTML like actual href's.

I really dislike the new Drafts page as well, which is now forced upon us (the opt-out link has been removed).

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 3