1500 consecutive days with posts

pmaupin

This is a great achievement. My longest streak attempt was stopped at 323 days, and I though that was not always easy.

I have no plans in that direction at all. My current job does not involve as much traveling as the last one, so I am constantly running out of backlog items.

• Funny 1

Phil has advised me that he's now definitely shooting for 2,000.

So --------- Cheer him on, guys!

In these times we all need something, or someone, to cheer for, so let's make it Philippe!!!

BTW - I'm pretty certain that there's another Waymarker who has at least 2,000, possibly many more. Whoever they are, they, too, are certainly deserving of recognition here.

Anyone have any idea who that is?

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2021 at 5:28 AM, ScroogieII said:

Phil has advised me that he's now definitely shooting for 2,000.

So --------- Cheer him on, guys!

In these times we all need something, or someone, to cheer for, so let's make it Philippe!!!

BTW - I'm pretty certain that there's another Waymarker who has at least 2,000, possibly many more. Whoever they are, they, too, are certainly deserving of recognition here.

Anyone have any idea who that is?

Keith

At least one of them was QuarrellaDeVil with 2191 days.

I once was annoyed that my "Longest Slump" was way longer that my "Longest Streak" for both visiting and posting waymarks. I decided to change that and began posting and visiting a waymark every day. But after 820 days for posting and 292 days for visiting it came to an end. Nowadays I'm happy to not "have to" post/visit a waymark every day. But my deepest respect for the continuity over years of everybody else. Well done, pmaupin and keep going!

Edited by PISA-caching
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
7 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

I once was annoyed that my "Longest Slump" was way longer that my "Longest Streak" for both visiting and posting waymarks. I decided to change that and began posting and visiting a waymark every day. But after 820 days for posting and 292 days for visiting it came to an end. Nowadays I'm happy to not "have to" post/visit a waymark every day. But my deepest respect for the continuity over years of everybody else. Well done, pmaupin and keep going!

QuarrellaDeVil - Of Course - I should have known that. I'll have to write Steve with belated congratulations!! Thanks, Andreas!

As for "Nowadays I'm happy to not "have to" post/visit a waymark every day", I can definitely identify with that. When we were on our streak(s) we were consumed with "The Streak". When we were home, it was no big deal, as we were posting every day, but when on the road, naturally on a Waymarking trip, it was a completely different story:

"Before leaving on a trip I would "cache" as many Waymarks as I could, to allow for quick and easy posting while traveling. I'd do that by posting several Waymarks for which I could easily do more WMs by copying and pasting, with a minimum of changing/editing. I'd post a bunch of churches, parks, etc. from which I could take more Waymarks, or maybe have a bunch of Benchmarks (which are relatively quick to do if we have our ducks lined up) ready to go. If we hadn't posted during the day, we'd post a couple (I always posted at least two each day in case one was denied and couldn't be reposted [which, incidentally, never happened {at least I don't remember its happening (that's assuming I'm still possessed of a memory [a situation presently in question])}]) as soon as we checked into a motel for the night. Whenever possible we would post our 2 WMs in the morning before leaving.

Before checking in we made sure that the motel had GOOD, STRONG WiFi available and tested its functionality immediately. Sometimes, even that proved insufficient. I remember posting in the rain outside the motel in order to get a sufficiently strong signal. There were times when we had to test several rooms in a motel before finding a usable signal.

Gang Aft Agley, however, was occasionally the order of the day. Once, (I believe we were in The Slocan, in BC) we ended the day in a small town which had only a single motel. It didn't have working WiFi and we hadn't yet posted our 2 WMs for the day. We arrived late, it was well past dark - what were we gonna do??? I'm no longer sure, but I believe we had seen a library while searching out the motel, so I figgered that might be our only chance of posting that day. So I and the laptop drove to the library and, Lo and Behold, its WiFi was running AND open.

I don't know if you remember This Poem, but it captures the essence of many of the motels, and towns, in which we've recuperated after a long day of Travel and Travail.

Another time a thunderstorm managed to knock out power (and, of course, WiFi) in a city shortly after we had arrived at a motel. So, we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Darkness fell - we still hadn't posted that day. Desperate, I (and the laptop) went out in the city in search of power & Wifi. Pretty much on the exact opposite end of the city (I still can't remember what city that was - it was not BIG, but far from tiny, and it was definitely in the US - WA or MT or ID) there were buildings which had power. There I found, I think, a Wendy's, with functioning WiFi, so I sat in the parking lot and did the obligatory pair of WMs for the day.

Other times we would avail ourselves of a library's WiFi in midday whenever we felt that our prospects for that evening appeared somewhat dim."

AND - don't ask the cause of the cessation of our last streak. That should be quite evident by now.

Phil, I've already lost track - What day is this? You should be down to a couple of weeks... ...

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
3 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

The streak depends on the date you created the waymark, no? I used to create more or less empty waymarks during my vacations and filled them with text and photos when we were home again and submitted them several days later. Worked most of the time. At least I think I did it that way.

That's how I did it, as well. Until I noticed that I had forgotten to post one for the day before. It was 9:12 a.m. what means 0:12 a.m. in Seattle, which counts for posts. Twelve minutes late.

By the way, the date for visits does not depend on Pacific Time, this one is set to UTC, which is London but without DST. I really wonder what they thought when configuring that.

My next goal is trying to get rid of the lightest shade in the calendar grid. That's only 29 posts left in 12 days between February 17th and April, 19th. Should be doable without too much hassle.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, fi67 said:

My next goal is trying to get rid of the lightest shade in the calendar grid. That's only 29 posts left in 12 days between February 17th and April, 19th. Should be doable without too much hassle.

Wanna see what a really dark calendar grid looks like? Look at This One. Brag, Brag.:rolleyes:

That was kinda like "The Streak" - had to post at least XX number of new ones each day for many months to turn the colour darker. Barb was shootin' for all Really, Really Dark until I mentioned that that would entail a minimum of 36,600 WMs, so we sort of slacked off on that goal.

Edited by ScroogieII
On 2/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, PISA-caching said:

Steve informs me that the reason for the break in the streak was - - - - wait for it - - - - - - Beer:)

It transpires that, much like myself, he can be a bit forgetful on occasion. It's a sad ending to an admirable streak, nonetheless.

Actually, before you go off getting the wrong idea, I'll quote the pertinent part of what he wrote me. It's a pretty benign story, so he shouldn't mind my quoting him here:

"I'm in the industry, working in a store that sells brewing supplies, and I was involved in an event that a local brewery was having with a focus on homebrewing. I and my co-workers came up with home recipes that we then brewed on a big scale with the head brewer, a friend of ours and former co-worker, and then we showed off our results one night. My contribution was a chili pepper wheat beer with roasted serranos, and it went over very well: I had people coming up to me, saying "I don't even like chilis, but this is good." There was virtually no heat, but lots of pepper flavor, which I think requires far more skill as a brewer: Most breweries that produce something like this are looking to shock, and I'm too old to say "Hey, watch me knock down this beer with Carolina Reaper peppers." Chilis really do taste good if you know how to work with them. Anyways, at the event where we showed off our efforts, I simply got caught up and never stopped to create something on the phone to fill in later." [Emphasis is mine.]

By QuarrellaDeVil

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Surprised 1
On 12/9/2021 at 11:26 AM, pmaupin said:

Today Longest Streak
1827 consecutive days with posts from 12/9/2016 to 12/9/2021
5 consecutive years day for day.
And I always continue with great pleasure to publish.

First off, Phil, I sure hope that your "Puzzles" Waymark wasn't the only one you posted for today. :wacko:

Today is the 10th, so you should have 72 days left to 2K, so I expect to hear good news from you  on February 20th.

Keep on pluggin'!!! I'm still rootin' fer ya!!!

Keith

• Helpful 1
On 12/23/2021 at 1:55 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

Thank You for doing the grunt work for me, Eric.

Merry Christmas, Eric. Here's hoping that you have a fun filled, happy, COVID Free Holiday.

And:

Merry Christmas to Andreas,

Merry Christmas to Phil,

Merry Christmas to Ariberna,

Merry Christmas to the Fi Guy,

Merry Christmas to our WayFroggie,

Merry Christmas to Dave,

And Merry Christmas  to Lee.

I'm hoping all of you have yourselves a Great Christmas.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Love 2
On 1/16/2021 at 8:23 PM, pmaupin said:

Here I finally reached my challenge: 1500 consecutive days with posts. Next Challenge 200 days. And you, where are you?

I'm far off to the 2000 days in a row, you'll reach at the end of the month ... but I managed to get the 500th day in a row on this years Star Wars day (May 4). See attached image:

Streak.jpg.2cf28dc878fa156635b8d58086eab8ef.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, FamilieFrohne said:

I'm far off to the 2000 days in a row, you'll reach at the end of the month ... but I managed to get the 500th day in a row on this years Star Wars day (May 4). See attached image:

Congratulations my friend (and this is only the beginning), indeed I am at 1974 days, more than 26 to reach this new level of 2000.

• Love 3
On 5/5/2022 at 10:45 AM, pmaupin said:

Congratulations my friend (and this is only the beginning), indeed I am at 1974 days, more than 26 to reach this new level of 2000.

Chugga...Chugga...Chugga ... ... ... ...  I Think I can, I Think I can, I Think I can, I KN OW I can........................

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Funny 1
On 6/2/2022 at 12:17 AM, pmaupin said:

That's it, the challenge of 2000 consecutive days is reached, let's continue towards 2500 days (why not, let's be a little crazy). [:)]

Longest Streak: 2001 consecutive days with posts from 12/9/2016 to 6/1/2022

Hmmmmm - A "little crazy". I'm not quite sure how I should handle this one.

Given what you did when you were a seventeen year old I know you to be "a little crazy". Or was it Cathy who was seventeen (and crazy)? I don't remember for sure. In any event, I'll go along with "a little crazy".

AND - DEFIN   ITELY you need to shoot for it!!! Just be sure you don't forget your laptop at home this August!!!

Keith, YE(qually)C(razy)CB

PS - Just got home from the ABBA concert.

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Funny 1