Multi-cache coordinates not hidden in GPX?

naggie

Hi All,

I just started a new cache page for my first multi cache. I added all the waypoints and set them to 'hide waypoints'  so they will not be shown on the site, because the cacher needs to solve a simple puzzle to retreive the coordinates for the next waypoint.

However, when I download the GPX and insert it to basecamp, the coordinates of all waypoints are shown?

Will they be hidden when the cache is published? Or are they just shown to me since i'm the owner?

Any help would be appreciated :)

As the cache owner, when you download a gpx of any staged cache you own from the cache page, you get all the waypoints, including hidden.

Mass download of your owned staged caches by pocket query or bookmark list will NOT include hidden info. 

Im surprised that you were/are able to download a gpx of an unpublished cache! but since you can, these are the rules for you as owner.

Players get all public info. If it's not visible on the cache page, it's not included in a download

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, on4bam said:

Could it be that only the CO gets his/her own hidden wps? Have you asked a friend to download the GPX file to see if the hidden WP coordinates are shown for them too?

I was thiking about this, but since the cache is not publishet yet, no one else can download the GPX

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

As the cache owner, when you download a gpx of any staged cache you own from the cache page, you get all the waypoints, including hidden.

Mass download of your owned staged caches by pocket query or bookmark list will NOT include hidden info. 

Im surprised that you were/are able to download a gpx of an unpublished cache! but since you can, these are the rules for you as owner.

Players get all public info. If it's not visible on the cache page, it's not included in a download

Thanks for the clarification. There is a ' download GPX' button on the preview page.

Good to know I didn't make a mistake or something :)