Souvenir Zone Question

acachebox

I would guess they mean if the cache is in an area that has a souvenir - all 50 US states, Canadian provinces, Australian states, German (err, not sure what they're called), etc; most European countries, and others.

And it's not logging the cache WHILE you're in the zone. Where you are when you log the cache doesn't matter. ;)

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=29&pgid=792

Edited by TriciaG

When souvenirs were first introduced, I believe you could get them by just searching for caches on the geocaching app when you in a particular area. Such as, apparently, a particular Seattle food truck, for a limited time, anyway. Nowadays, you have to actually log a find in the geographic area associated with a regional souvenir.

But I think you're referring to this section of the Help Center article on souvenirs:

If a souvenir has a time parameter, the souvenir zone will expire at the end of the time period.

In that context, "souvenir zone" refers to the zone of time in which you can obtain the souvenir, not where you have to be. According to the blog, for 2021, those souvenirs and dates appear to be:

1. Cache In Trash Out®, Season 1: March 1 through May 31
  2. Blue Switch Day: April 30 through May 2
  3. International Geocaching Day: August 21
  4. Cache In Trash Out®, Season 2: September 1 through November 30
  5. International Earth Cache Day: October 9 and 10
  6. Farewell 2021: December 31

So, the short answer is, read the blog, or read the weekly newsletter emails, for details on time-limited souvenirs.

• Upvote 1