Bloggers

Max and 99

I've had it with this ridiculous new trend in creating your own visit requirements. Those waymarks should not be approved by the category officers. 

Bloggers:

VISIT INSTRUCTIONS
The requirement for logging a visit is posting a comment below one of our blogs (so not here on Waymarking!) telling us in what camper we travel.
Become a follower of our blog will be highly appreciated but is not mandatory.

________

So what is the point of creating a waymark for a blog when a waymark visit can't even be made on the waymark page? The WMO reiterated this requirement to me after I visited the blog and made a comment. 

I'd be happy to edit some of my waymarks and create my own visit requirements if this is going to be allowed. Good luck meeting those requirements. 

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I've had it with this ridiculous new trend in creating your own visit requirements. Those waymarks should not be approved by the category officers. 

Bloggers:

VISIT INSTRUCTIONS
The requirement for logging a visit is posting a comment below one of our blogs (so not here on Waymarking!) telling us in what camper we travel.

________

So what is the point of creating a waymark for a blog when a waymark visit can't even be made on the waymark page? The WMO reiterated this requirement to me after I visited the blog and made a comment. 

I'd be happy to edit some of my waymarks and create my own visit requirements if this is going to be allowed. Good luck meeting those requirements. 

Visit instructions for my Waymark Sticker and Pin Seekers - must present a $20 bill to the WMO as proof of visit. Oh, and I'll change the location to one of the brewpubs from the Way Tour.

15 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

Visit instructions for my Waymark Sticker and Pin Seekers - must present a $20 bill to the WMO as proof of visit. Oh, and I'll change the location to one of the brewpubs from the Way Tour.

Now that's what I'm talking about. I like that one! Don't mention which brewpub, though. They have to come find you, if they want the waymark visit badly enough.

17 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Bloggers:

VISIT INSTRUCTIONS

________

I'm not a native speaker, but as far as I understand it, the WMO requires to post a comment on the blog. Meaning, that you actualy visit the blog and add a comment there and not just open the waymark. Once you have posted a comment on the blog, you are allowed to log a visit of the waymark. At least that's what I would think. Have you posted a comment on the according blog?

This is not a new trend. It has been a common pattern for some brand new waymarkers since the beginning. I receive submissions with visit requirements (sometimes visit requirements only, no other text) on a regular base in lots of categories. Not a big deal, deny and explain why.

If such a submission is accepted in error, this can be corrected.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:35 PM, vulture1957 said:

I just visited your WM, Lee. As I said in the visit, "Stopped by a few of  the brewpubs hoping to catch you, but each time the bartender said you had staggered out just a half hour or so earlier."

I left my $20 with the bartender at the last pub I visited. He said he'd be sure to give it to you next time you were in, which he said was likely to be early tomorrow morning, if past is prologue. :D

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
On 1/15/2021 at 3:55 AM, PISA-caching said:

I'm not a native speaker, but as far as I understand it, the WMO requires to post a comment on the blog. Meaning, that you actualy visit the blog and add a comment there and not just open the waymark. Once you have posted a comment on the blog, you are allowed to log a visit of the waymark. At least that's what I would think. Have you posted a comment on the according blog?

No I have not posted a comment on the blog and have no intentions of doing so. That waymark should never have been approved and the officer that approved it should re-review it and decline it. But it all makes sense considering the officer that approved it also makes up his own visit requirements. So I guess nothing's going to happen. 

Peer review is useless if we can make up our own visit requirements for the category. 

• Upvote 1
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 6:30 AM, Max and 99 said:

No I have not posted a comment on the blog and have no intentions of doing so. That waymark should never have been approved and the officer that approved it should re-review it and decline it. But it all makes sense considering the officer that approved it also makes up his own visit requirements. So I guess nothing's going to happen. 

Peer review is useless if we can make up our own visit requirements for the category. 

I didn't say that the WMO or the officer did the right thing. I was just referring to your "when a waymark visit can't even be made on the waymark page".

I understand.

Well I did log a visit on the waymark page, and was told that by the WMO that the requirement is to make a comment on the blog page, not the waymark. So far, no one's logs have been deleted. 

It's such a nice blog, so I think it's a shame that it is marred by this unnecessary visit requirement. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 2