What do I do with Trackables/Travel Bugs?

Bhionsant

Hello, I just found a Trackable and moved it to another cache and entered the code on the log page of the cache I put it in. Is this what I'm supposed to do? I also took the trackable from that cache and have it currently. Please tell me if I am doing this wrong, I am new to trackables.:F:

5 hours ago, Bhionsant said:

Hello, I just found a Trackable and moved it to another cache and entered the code on the log page of the cache I put it in. Is this what I'm supposed to do?

I also took the trackable from that cache and have it currently. Please tell me if I am doing this wrong, I am new to trackables.

No.   You put the private code to a Trackable in a cache page log ?  There are no records of you having any Trackables in your inventory.

You should have a Retrieved log from the cache you found it,  and a Drop log for the cache you placed it in. 

All logs are created on the Trackable's page, unless you have them in your inventory.

Not sure why you now have it again, maybe looking at "Visit" logs on the Trackable's page ?

This may help you understand this part of the hobby ...  "Everything you should know about Trackables before you pick them up."   

In the meantime, if you feel you're still not getting it, maybe it'd be a good idea to put it in another cache, and let someone sort this one out.  Thanks.   :)

Edited by cerberus1
  • Helpful 1

Please edit your log in the cache in which you say you took the trackable. That code is super-secret and shouldn't be posted in public.

On the website, click on the trackable listed in that cache (the one you took) and click on Found it? Log it!

Enter that code into the box on the form, select "Took from [cache name]" in the drop list for "type of log".

This will put it in your inventory.

When you drop off the TB, you will be able to "drop" the TB when making your Found It log for the cache.

Edited by TriciaG
  • Helpful 2