[FEATURE] Reason for log deletion

ilTozzo

6 minutes ago, ilTozzo said:

Too many times has happened to receive the notification of one of your logs being deleted,  so you asked the owner the reason, and never got a reply. If you tired to log again, it would be deleted again, but still got no reason from the owner.

It would be interesting to add a pop-up window when someone deletes a log (except if it's deleted by the same person who wrote it), where he must write the reason why he's deleting the log and he cannot proceed unless he does it (something similar happens with pictures). In this way, whenever you get the notification of the log deletion (both on a cache or on a trackable), you also got to read the reason why it has been deleted, and ant the same time, the owner has to give an explanation for deleting the log.

Too many times ?

Not sure why you're getting this issue, but we've been caching since '04 and haven't had a single log deleted yet.   :)

The few times we've deleted Found It logs, we made sure to mention "we deleted a few fakers not on the cache log again..." the day we did it on the cache page.

Folks curious look at the cache page (maybe to log again...) know that they're busted,  and we never had a single person ask why either.  ;)

We used to send an email explaining why, and it says we should do that in the Help Center, but we never got any replies...

8 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Too many times ?

Not sure why you're getting this issue, but we've been caching since '04 and haven't had a single log deleted yet.   :)

The few times we've deleted Found It logs, we made sure to mention "we deleted a few fakers not on the cache log again..." the day we did it on the cache page.

Folks curious look at the cache page (maybe to log again...) know that they're busted,  and we never had a single person ask why either.  ;)

We used to send an email explaining why, and it says we should do that in the Help Center, but we never got any replies...

Then you're lucky, like me ;)

But I heard stories from my close friends who had this "pleasure" of getting their logs deleted (of course groundless) by an owner who wanted to play the sheriff.

It's worth mentioning that there already is a feature like this when it comes to images posted in logs. While deleting someones image (for example because it shows too much) you can specify a reason for this action which is then passed in an e-mail to this person. So having the same for logs sounds reasonable, right?

• Upvote 2
19 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Too many times ?

Fortunately, I had only a few logs deleted and mostly on TBs, but sometimes had happened that the owner never replied to my request of explanation.

Personally, I had to delete a lot of logs for the most diverse reasons: spoilers (after asking the player to edit it and never receiving an answer), blasphemy, personal offense, fake logs (both on Tbs and caches), double logs... If I had the possibility to use this feature it would have simplified me a lot, because most of this people didn't even asked me the reason for the deletion, and just redid the same identical log. Receiving an email with an explanation can also instruct players on how to log properly.

• Upvote 2