Can't download certain cartridges on the new Wherigo app

dennistubaplayer

Hello all! Yesterday, I downloaded the New Wherigo app onto my Phone and was very pleased with it. It is a lot better than the old one and works great. I especially enjoy the function where you can download the cartridges from the app instead of having to go to the listings. Hwoever, I did notice that there are some cartridges that I can't download. I went into the old Wherigo app and I noticed that some of the Cartriges I couldn't get on the new app where already downloaded on the old app. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks! -Dennis

1 hour ago, dennistubaplayer said:

Some Cartriges that I couldn't download are my Wherigo GC8XHZF. I need to download it to do some maintnance to the cartrige, and reversing it in CNY GC7V3J9

On your cache page, the word "if" is added to the end of the cartridge URL, so the Wherigo app thinks that is part of it when grabbing the URL. Can you add a space?

I have noticed that over the past 3 months, I have had 3 people not being able to download my Wherigo. For some it works fine, others not so much. For the people who it did work for (nearly everyone) they said that it worked very smoothly. Out of the three people that couldn't download the cartrige, 2 were using Androids and 1 was using a garmin Colarado. What's going on?!

2 hours ago, dennistubaplayer said:

I have noticed that over the past 3 months, I have had 3 people not being able to download my Wherigo. For some it works fine, others not so much. For the people who it did work for (nearly everyone) they said that it worked very smoothly. Out of the three people that couldn't download the cartrige, 2 were using Androids and 1 was using a garmin Colarado. What's going on?!

Did you see my comment above? On your cache page you are providing the URL to the cartridge in plain text, rather than a link. There is also no space between the end of the cartridge URL/GUID and the next sentence, so if a user isn't careful they will try to copy the URL with the word "If" on the end, which will make the URL incorrect:

1005832451_ScreenShot2021-01-18at10_02_47AM.png.a3f950d977cb7ef75113a63eefbf597e.png

You need to insert a space on your cache page, and ideally turn that text into a clickable link.

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 1