Car trackable decal

GeoSooke

I have recently purchased and plan to use a car trackable decal. I’m new to this, when starting the trackable one question was “make this trackable collectable yes/no.....I’m not sure how to answer that question and why one way or another. Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Baczkiewicz said:

I’m new to this, when starting the trackable one question was “make this trackable collectable yes/no...

Given this case... the decal will most probably be on a car window (?), it is not that important, but when you allow a trackable of yours to be "Collectible", it means that any other geocacher can add it to their Collection, even only virtually.

Imagine someone asking you to hand your own car, just because the trackable on the window is Collectible. :)

Better be safe than sorry. ;)

Edited by RuideAlmeida
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I have recently purchased and plan to use a car trackable decal. I’m new to this, when starting the trackable one question was “make this trackable collectable yes/no.....I’m not sure how to answer that question and why one way or another. Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance. 

Unless you understand exactly how the "Collectible" feature works and have a reason to use it, then no.  Don't select "Collectible".  It's main purpose is to help cachers organize large numbers of activated Geocoins that they own.

• Helpful 2

I thought most trackables since '09 or so had "not collectible" as the default.   I never entered anything ...   :)

Agree with above, start messing with the "collectible" features, and nine times outta ten folks will be back asking how to fix their new problems.  ;)

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1