Memphis Weather

Cactusjeep

Well, I havn't been caching latley. Been trying to keep cool as possible, plus I can't charge up my batteries for my GPSr. Been without power and more inportantly, A/C, going on day 3 now. Trying to sleep at 80 is not easy! I thought about just crashing in the backyard a few times its like 10-15 degrees cooler outside.

I wish my new house was ready. (Moving to Arlington, month left on building) They still have power up there. Been going there to eat. Not too crowded.

My parent's power came on last night, will crash with them if I still don't have power tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

What bad weather? It's 68 degrees and there's no humidity. Oh, wait... I'm in Portland. Nevermind.

Lucky dog! icon_rolleyes.gif I was in Seattle once, and am absoulty gealous of the weather up there! Never hot, Not too cold! Just right Ahhhhhhh... I can feel it now a cool breeze.... Uhh Sorry, must of fell asleep. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Did Memphis get bad weather this week?

Uhh.. Bad?..? Uhh.. YEA!! For all you that havn't heard already they say it was Straight line winds clocked an nearly 100 MPH downtown and 65 MPH at the airport.(Looks more like a Tornado came though to me) Trees down EVERYWHERE the first day of chaos 300,000 out of 450,000 MLG&W customers out of power. Most still out of power. Only one death directly related to the storm (Tree fell on him while he was asleep) 2 so far indirectly related (1-fire caused by candles and 1-carbon monixcide posioning due to poorly ventaled generator)

Heres a slide show of some of the damage. Cleanup tab put at $39 million

[This message was edited by CWL on July 24, 2003 at 11:03 AM.]

Going on day 4 without power! icon_mad.gif

And from the looks of the MLG&W workers they are going down Germantown rd and finish Germantown first before they get to me! icon_mad.gif It looks like I'll be moving out without power. Sure hope the Hotel has power. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ughh.... guys... If I give you my coords can someone come pick the tree up off of my legs? I'd appreciate it. icon_razz.gif

Anyone see the humongous tree that was down between Graham and Walnut Grove on Goodlet? OMG! The base of the tree (roots and dirt) stood about 10 feet tall with the tree laying down across Goodlet blocking 3 lanes of traffic. I also made the mistake of trying to drive down Callis Cutoff... you can get by, but there are major blockages.

nonflashygif.txt

My skills are ferior!

Holy Smokes! Flying back into town last night, I couldn't pick out any landmarks as we were coming in to land. Massive areas inside the 240 loop are still dark.

Driving to work today, I got to see some of the damage. Glad I was out of town for this one, guys!

Well it really depends on how you look at it I guess. If you're one of the ones without power still you are problably hating the world right now! I'm just now seeing tree clutter clean up. Everywhere you look you see a piles of tree limbs on the curb. Its still somewhat of a mess. Also there are still some stop lights that are out as well. Most of the lights that are out have PSTs directing traffic but out side of Memphis, (in shelby county) the stop lights that arn't working are unmaned it really backs up traffic!

And if not to add to the mess, they are repaving the I-40 malfuntion junction. Causing traffic to back up to Nonconnah Pwy.

64784_1200.gifBeen there... Done that...