BUG: Wrong My Lists used

orn_bjorn

In my account "Örnen & Björnen" I have a private My Lists list called "Mysteries". When I check who the owner is, it is "Örnen", not "Örnen & Björnen". That user have not logged in since 2007. I guess this must be a bug, "Örnen & Björnen" is truncated to "Örnen"?

Edited by Örnen & Björnen

Do you own any other lists?  If so, do you see the same behavior?  If not, could you create a new list and see if the owner name is truncated?

While I'm not a Lackey who can assist directly, from experience in the forums this issue could be related to the ampersand (&) in your account name.

I created another list and it also ends up owned by "Örnen", not by me. I have realized that "Örnen & Björnen" is not a good name for other reasons, with the Swedish letter "ö". Would have been better to skip that letter and used underscore instead of space and ampersand. We have used it for 15 years. I guess it is not possible to change so that every every cache we have found could be updated with a new name.

If you change your account name, all of the data on the website automatically updates - including all of your finds.  The only exception is the "Placed by" field on any caches you've hidden.

Getting rid of the ampersand will eliminate a lot of glitches, like the one here.

I'd encourage you to stick with the name and help them sort out the problems. Bugs that trip over "&", in particular, often cause much more subtle problems, so I assume they'll jump on the bug you're reporting right away. It's often easy to track down a problem with "&" once it's been pointed out.

I already changed to another name which is easier to use anyway, but maybe they can take a look at this. They might perhaps invalidate these kinds of user names to prevent unforeseen issues? When I changed the name eveything seems to work, even the "Mysteries" list is owned by me, so maybe this is a hint. I was directed to another user's  account when I clicked on my account name in the My Lists view.

28 minutes ago, orn_bjorn said:

I already changed to another name which is easier to use anyway, but maybe they can take a look at this. They might perhaps invalidate these kinds of user names to prevent unforeseen issues? When I changed the name eveything seems to work, even the "Mysteries" list is owned by me, so maybe this is a hint. I was directed to another user's  account when I clicked on my account name in the My Lists view.

Sounds great. To be honest, I was encouraging you to keep your name in case you really wanted to keep your name. I'm really happy you took a path that makes you even happier. I think this conversation is enough to help them fix the bug if they want to.