Premium not showing up on Garmin Oregon 700

multiphonic

15 hours ago, ecanderson said:

No, not if the sync was successful.

Is it showing things about your account correctly, e.g., your find count?

What do you mean your find account?  The Garmin shows that it is linked to my account and also shows that it is a premium membership.  The GPS is for my 6 year old who is just getting in to geocaching and the Oregon 700 looked great because there were no buttons.  I can see all of the caches on my iphone when we go together but I have to physically type in the cache number to the Garmin (while I'm looking at it on the iphone) if it is a premium cache.  It then says its connecting to geocaching.com and it shows up a second or two later.

14 hours ago, JPatton said:

Do you have caches on the gps that you loaded before you were a premium member? That used to cause some problems. If you linked the gps to your account before you became premium, you could try de-linking and linking it to your account again. 

I have un-linked the account (did a master reset on the GPS) then linked again.  Same problem.

4 minutes ago, multiphonic said:

I have un-linked the account (did a master reset on the GPS) then linked again.  Same problem.

If you have one single cache that was loaded to the device when the unit was not linked to a Premium account, it can behave this way.

You need to manually delete all GPX and GGZ geocache files from the device, and delete the SQL folder, then reboot.

Now you should be able to open the Geocache page and 'Refresh' on the Map to see local caches loaded.

Also, check your filters on the device to be sure you have not hidden or disabled any caches by accident.

1 minute ago, Atlas Cached said:

If you have one single cache that was loaded to the device when the unit was not linked to a Premium account, it can behave this way.

You need to manually delete all GPX and GGZ geocache files from the device, and delete the SQL folder, then reboot.

Now you should be able to open the Geocache page and 'Refresh' on the Map to see local caches loaded.

Also, check your filters on the device to be sure you have not hidden or disabled any caches by accident.

Delete the whole SQL root folder or just what is inside it?

This is honestly a major flaw in the way Garmin handles GC Live. There is no reason why the device shouldn't be able to update account information every time it connects to the service and update cache information accordingly. Also, unless I'm reading this thread incorrectly, it seems as though the device doesn't like mixing caches from different sources (ie both .GC Live and traditional GPX/GGZ loading). I suppose that's to be expected? My Oregon 600 doesn't always like it when I have caches installed via both GGZ and GPX (no overlapping listings).

I have what seems like a pretty good system going currently, so when it comes time to upgrade, I'm probably not going use the on-board direct / GC Live features.

39 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

There is no reason why the device shouldn't be able to update account information every time it connects to the service and update cache information accordingly.

The device will update any caches the user requests by selecting refresh on the map page or in the PQ and List page.

Per Groundspeak API restrictions, all non-premium caches loaded to the device will always remain non-premium, and can not be changed to a premium cache (which would load additional information not available to non-premium users).

As the OP has discovered, simply removing all non-premium caches from the device once again allows them to be downloaded as premium versions with a premium account registered to the device.

43 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

Also, unless I'm reading this thread incorrectly, it seems as though the device doesn't like mixing caches from different sources (ie both .GC Live and traditional GPX/GGZ loading).

They all mix just fine. All GPX, GGZ, and GCLive geocaches are displayed simultaneously while respecting any filters applied.

45 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

My Oregon 600 doesn't always like it when I have caches installed via both GGZ and GPX (no overlapping listings).

Just like two solid objects can not occupy the same space at the same time, each geocache can only exist in the internal database once. Why would you load the same geocache as both GPX and GGZ?

47 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

when it comes time to upgrade, I'm probably not going use the on-board direct / GC Live features.

I use GCLive almost exclusively. This ensures I always have the most current information on my device. I only use GPX and GGZ for data that I can not retrieve via the Groundspeak API (Benchmarks, Waymarks, Geocaches from other providers, etc.).

10 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

Just like two solid objects can not occupy the same space at the same time, each geocache can only exist in the internal database once. Why would you load the same geocache as both GPX and GGZ?

read it again. no overlapping listings. IE the caches in the GPX file are unique from the caches in the GGZ file. It's hit or miss, sometimes it will read the GPX file and sometimes it won't. I don't do it often.