No souvenir for lab caches logged 24 Dec 2020

FfiLli

1 hour ago, FfiLli said:

Found 2 lab caches late morning (UK) on 24th December. Unable to find the other 3 as there was a large amount of water preventing me from getting to cache 3 and no wellies in the car!! 

No souvenir showing on mobile or laptop. Any suggestions?

We did have a delay in providing souvenirs for Adventure Labs on the first day. This was corrected at approximately 3pm Seattle time. Any Adventure Lab you find from then until Dec 31 will count towards the souvenir. 

On 12/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, Frau Potter said:

We did have a delay in providing souvenirs for Adventure Labs on the first day. This was corrected at approximately 3pm Seattle time. Any Adventure Lab you find from then until Dec 31 will count towards the souvenir. 

I did not realize there was a Seattle Time Zone, maybe Pacific?

• Funny 2
On 12/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, Frau Potter said:

Just out of curiosity: what are you guys talking about? I can't find anything about any souvenir involving ALs starting 12/25/2020, so I'm guessing this was something only advertised in the newsletter or something? I did earn a souvenir 12/26, and I did find some ALs that day.  I thought looking at the souvenir would let me catch up to this conversation, but nothing in the souvenir tells me how I earned it, and nothing in the name or text mentions adventure labs.

28 minutes ago, dprovan said:

Just out of curiosity: what are you guys talking about? I can't find anything about any souvenir involving ALs starting 12/25/2020, so I'm guessing this was something only advertised in the newsletter or something? I did earn a souvenir 12/26, and I did find some ALs that day.  I thought looking at the souvenir would let me catch up to this conversation, but nothing in the souvenir tells me how I earned it, and nothing in the name or text mentions adventure labs.

I apologize for the confusion. The souvenir is NOT specific to Adventure Labs. It is the Last 2020 souvenir mentioned in this blog post: https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2020/11/our-sun-sets-to-rise-again-with-the-last-2020-and-first-2021-souvenirs/  

3 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

I apologize for the confusion. The souvenir is NOT specific to Adventure Labs. It is the Last 2020 souvenir mentioned in this blog post: https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2020/11/our-sun-sets-to-rise-again-with-the-last-2020-and-first-2021-souvenirs/  

Thanks! I finally found it. The blog entry was posted way back in November and isn't in any of the categorized lists, so it took me a while to track it down. No reason for you to apologize, but you might want to see about the souvenir description giving some slight hint about what the souvenir is actually granted for. With every other similar souvenir I looked at, the description always ends with "You earned this souvenir by...". It's as if Last 2020 was done by "the new guy" who didn't realize there was a defined formula they were supposed to follow. (I'm not complaining, mind you, I just think it's funny, especially because thread came up at just the right time for me to even look at the souvenir.)

I did find the newer 2020 Geocaching HQ souvenir moments blog entry which doesn't mention Last 2020 but does talk about the traditional 12/31 and 1/1 souvenirs. I assume the person writing that newer article hadn't heard that the one day souvenirs have been replaced by these week long versions this year.