Update Coordinates Website Bug

javthrowr

Windows Firefox, scripts off or on.

I'm using "old logging" which offers this wrinkle:  there is no Update coords in "old logging", in any session, if  it's clicked from the admin box, all owner admin box logging goes to New Logging - > Owner Maintenance.

If you're using old logging, and do not click Update Coords in the admin box, the other log types will direct to the correct log: archive, enable/disable. 

I temporarily disabled my cache to do maintenance. I did physical maintenance, and then updated the description and coordinates.  When I was finished, clicked the "enable" button.  The "owner maintenance" box opened up, and I described the maintenance I did. Then I posted it. The log showed up as "owner maintenance," but the cache was still disabled. 

So I clicked the "enable" button again.  Again, the "owner maintenance" box opened up, and this time I just posted,  "Good to go!" and the cache is still disabled. 

How do I enable my cache? 

• Helpful 1

@barefootjeff As the reports came over the holiday break and code freezes, there were some natural delays. Currently, the bug remains in the backlog. It was increased in priority a couple days ago and we are also looking forward to it being resolved.

I don't believe that removing functionality that was only added back in October 2020 is a very effective and feasible suggestion.

No need to bump threads. If there is anything new to report we will let you know without additional reminders. Thank you for your patience.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
4 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

@barefootjeff As the reports came over the holiday break and code freezes, there were some natural delays. Currently, the bug remains in the backlog. It was increased in priority a couple days ago and we are also looking forward to it being resolved.

I don't believe that removing functionality that was only added back in October 2020 is a very effective and feasible suggestion.

No need to bump threads. If there is anything new to report we will let you know without additional reminders. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry, but after seeing a newbie recently archive their cache and create a new listing because they couldn't figure out how to update the coordinates with the broken links, I was starting to wonder if manually changing the log type after clicking on the link was how it was meant to work now. Not being American, I didn't realise you guys had an extended shutdown post Christmas.

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1