PQs not downloading

icezebra11

Anyone else having an issue with their PQs not downloading today?  I ran my "My Finds" PQ and I got the email however, when I click "Download Now", briefly a new tab opens up and quickly shuts again and the DL doesn't occur.  Normally it will DL, and the file will show up in the bar at the bottom of the screen, McAfee will do a check, and then it will show up in my Downloads folder.  I clicked on "View Results" and I get a correct list of all my finds so the PQ should be there.  Then I ran a custom PQ to check it and the same thing happened.  Running Windows 10 and Chrome on my desktop.  Groundspeak issue or something on my end?

Note: it's been a couple weeks since I last tried running a PQ.

Edited by icezebra11

It seems that something recently changed so that the link provided in the generation notification email no longer works. Browsers seem to be treating the link as malicious, although I'm not confident of that. Our engineers are already aware and are investigating, although with the holidays upon us any resolution will be delayed. In the meantime, you can download PQs directly from the download lab at https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ or via the API.

Yes, the reports have been coming in about Chrome becoming overly cautions about PQ downloads.  There's another thread on that somewhere around here, so you aren't the first.

Then again, it could be they were 'in the ether' after midnight last night and simply got blown away in the gale force winds we had along the Front Range!

14 hours ago, bruzie said:

Right-clicking the link in Gmail and selecting Open link in new tab works, still. For those wanting a quick workaround.

I've just spent a long, long time trying to find out how to download my "My Finds" gpx without any luck.  This worked.  Thank you so much!