Garmin eTrex 20 internal memory formatted

peyton_lamb

Today, I was out caching, and ended up out of the bounds of the pocket query I had run for the day. To compensate, I ran one from my Android phone, downloaded it there, then copied the caches to my Garmin eTrex 20 with a USB-C to Mini USB cable, a process which I have done on several occasions before. In this instance however, I did something, I'm not quite sure what, to format the internal storage of the GPS. It replaced all the files stored on the device with only two folders: "Android" and "LOST.DIR". I ended up just using my phone for the remainder of my caching adventures for the day, with the intent to take a closer look on my computer when I got home. After trying to recreate the Garmin and GPX folders, then copied files there; however, this was unsuccessful. I then attempted to do a full reset of the GPS. This also did not work, leaving the internal storage as is. The device still works normally, so I didn't delete any operating system files, I just can't seem to upload GPX files anymore. Any help in getting this restored would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: The map is also gone. This isn't the end of the world for me, since they were terrible anyway, and I never relied on them.

Additional edit: All the languages that aren't English are gone. Again, not a big deal for me since I speak English, but I want to give as much info as possible.

Edited by peyton_lamb