Here we go again Miles to Kilometers

mty55

We were out doing an AL Saturday. Brought up the app and headed for the first leg, put it in compass mode and the phone was reading in kilometers. Funny a week prior to this we did a lab cache in the same town and it read distance to cache in miles as it should. Both of our Android  phones are experiencing this.  I ran into this with my previous phone when we did our first AL. It wound up being keyboard language and country setting.  I changed the keyboard language  from English (Netherlands) to English (United States) and it reverted back to miles. I checked the phones and I also downloaded the App on a tablet. I checked the keyboard language and country and they are all set English (United States), but all reading out in kilometers. Bummer I'm to old to deal with metric conversion.

47 minutes ago, mty55 said:

We were out doing an AL Saturday. Brought up the app and headed for the first leg, put it in compass mode and the phone was reading in kilometers. Funny a week prior to this we did a lab cache in the same town and it read distance to cache in miles as it should. Both of our Android  phones are experiencing this.  I ran into this with my previous phone when we did our first AL. It wound up being keyboard language and country setting.  I changed the keyboard language  from English (Netherlands) to English (United States) and it reverted back to miles. I checked the phones and I also downloaded the App on a tablet. I checked the keyboard language and country and they are all set English (United States), but all reading out in kilometers. Bummer I'm to old to deal with metric conversion.

Found the solution on the previous post in the update release notes . I went to profile-settings- distance. It was set to metric off. I turned metric on and then back off again. Then logged off then  back on. Pick a lab cache and the readout was in miles again. Did the same on the tablet and the other phone its all good now. 

• Upvote 2