Urban Microcaches in Dallas Area

Guest drs

I just hid Plano Urban Microcache #1 (zip code 75075).. It's a 35mm film canaster, so there's not alot of room for stuff inside. I made a scroll-like thing by taping long strips of printer paper together and rolled it up inside.

As this is my first cache, and also (as far as I know) the first microcache in our area, I would be interested in hearing

1) how hard it is to find

2) how enjoyable it is to find a microcache in comparison with traditional caches

3) is there any interest in seeing more microcaches

Thanks,

dave

Guest DrunkenBard

I tend to look at the urban micros as something to do while wandering around town with a few minutes to kill, while the wilderness ones are more the sort of thing to plan a few days ahead on and really make an outing of. Either way, the challenge of finding the hiding spot is there, and that's what makes the sport enjoyable.

------------------

DrunkenBard

http://www.drunkenbard.com

that's cool.. i was just afraid that there wouldn't be any challenge at all, but after seeing the number of visitors in the first few days, it looks like people are enjoying it and that's what counts..

personally, i prefer the "wilderness" ones too, but it's fun to have something to do in town on an afternoon.

dave

Guest tailchaser

I enjoyed finding the microcache... I'm working on an "interesting" micro-cache on private property. It will likely be a logbook-only cache if I can get it approved, but the target will be an indoor sculpture in one of the new Farmer's Branch high-rise buildings. The nature of the location will restrict access to weekdays an Saturday mornings, but it should be lots of fun if I can get the building manager to sign off on it.

Thanks for all the caches!