GC Search Engine

BKip

12 hours ago, BCandMsKitty said:

I NEVER waste my time using the GC search function. Found out early on that the only way to find something geocaching related is through google

I've tried googling GC related things a couple of times and never get any good results. It's possible I haven't mastered the keywords. I just stick with the GC search function, and it works well enough for me. But yes, as Moun10Bike said, you have to wait and let the "View GC0000" come up.

Just now, TmdAndGG said:

I've tried googling GC related things a couple of times and never get any good results. It's possible I haven't mastered the keywords. I just stick with the GC search function, and it works well enough for me. But yes, as Moun10Bike said, you have to wait and let the "View GC0000" come up.

the trick is to add site:geocaching.com to your search criteria.  That limits the search to the GC site.

Using the auto-suggest feature on the geocaching.com website makes it easy to find a specific GC code though.  I use auto-suggest on several search interfaces I've developed.   

3 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

If you're just looking for a single cache and you know its code, "searching" is overkill.

Just use the shortcut URL:

coord.info/GCxxxx

https://coord.info/GC18kEK

I bookmarked Mingo (GC30) and put it on my bookmarks bar.  If I want to see the cache page for a GC code, I click on the bookmark, then copy-n-paste the GC code into the URL (replacing GC30_mingo) and hit return.  That takes me to the page I want.