[Suggestion] Show corrected coordinate marker in lists

terratin

I'm currently looking at a pile of mysteries in a bookmark list. Some are solved, some not yet. It would be really cool to get a marker for corrected coordinates. There's a list marker for personal cache notes, but not for corrected coordinates. This way I could easily see which mysteries I still need to solve.

35 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that functionality is already there:

List.png

thats odd. I was suprised something like this was missed out. I just did a pile of Jigidi puzzles, and all active caches in the second image now have corrected coordinates. None show. Maybe a bug? Firefox, latest version in Windows. I also just put all scripts/addons off. Thus no, I don't see it. I only get markers for caches with a personal cache note, see first image (no corrected coords here)
image.thumb.png.b435bc1c5c32502994cdae2c917571bb.png

no solved coords markers.
image.thumb.png.42da83c43a519667ec109fef12653c48.png

Edited by terratin

Will do. Thanks a lot Moun10Bike.

One observation: the first cache in this list is one I solved I think on Friday. The cache note does show up in the list, but not the solved marker. But both seem to be at the same location, thus maybe that's a conflict. I'll check again in a few days to see how the others are doing.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:42 PM, Moun10Bike said:

There is a background indexing process that updates periodically to "mark" caches as having corrected coordinates, user notes, et al. It sounds like it has not run on those caches for you yet. If things don't change in a day or two, you should post again to let us know that the process has failed.

Interesting. I make a lot of use of "corrected coordinates" and always get that marker as soon as I enter the CCs and refresh the map page. It's never taken more than a minute.

• Upvote 2

@Moun10Bike

Absolutely. It's a public list that I found during a bored moment: https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM5XXVN

Oh, now it works! I don't know i this is a browser issue. I just tested the link I posted here, and all the markers are there all of a sudden. While they still don't show up in the original tab. Firefox, same browser instance. A hard refresh doesn't bring them out either. And neither did restarting my computer after an update two days ago. Hmm...

So, it works. It just didn't in the browser tab I solved those pesky puzzles from originally. Odd.

Ok, there's more to this. The new tab works, also when I refresh it. Until I sort the list by distance and refresh it again. Then all markers are gone again. Makes me wonder if there's a bug related to sorting and refreshing. When I sort by name and refresh the markers are back, sort by distance again and refresh and they are gone.

Edited by terratin
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, terratin said:

Ok, there's more to this. The new tab works, also when I refresh it. Until I sort the list by distance and refresh it again. Then all markers are gone again. Makes me wonder if there's a bug related to sorting and refreshing. When I sort by name and refresh the markers are back, sort by distance again and refresh and they are gone.

Try deleting your browser's cache. 

8 hours ago, terratin said:

I can confirm this.

And the same applies to the found markers.

For example with bookmark list https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM206W6

Sort with Distance and refresh page -> the found marker cannot be seen

Unbenannt2.JPG.514c21baa06626635ffcb8c4b71925f0.JPG

Sort with Geocache name and refresh page -> the found marker can be seen again:

Unbenannt1.JPG.f5f96a4497955c31682f9b6d0a8f7c93.JPG

One more addition for the sort with Distance and refresh page:

It seems that only the "personal note" markers are displayed, and the "own markers" also, but no others at all. The "personal note" markers are all displayed correctly.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm not from the new world. Maybe terratin isn't from there either. I'm from Germany.

You know ... "America first" and so.  :cry:  :laughing:

• Funny 1

@terratin, you haven't mentioned a specific cache in that list that is causing problems, but when I look at it from your perspective I see a number of the included caches with the envelope icon indicating the presence of a personal note. In every case that I've looked at, you have a personal note on the cache in addition to corrected coordinates. So, it appears that the issue is that the envelope icon is given precedence in the list rather than the puzzle icon. Does this sound correct?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

So, it appears that the issue is that the envelope icon is given precedence in the list rather than the puzzle icon. Does this sound correct?

Sorry for my interference, but this seems not to be right. If there is no personal note, the corrected coordinates icon or the found icon are still not displayed. From my point of view it looks like the corrected coordinates or founds are simply not processed.

1 minute ago, 2Abendsegler said:

Sorry for my interference, but this seems not to be right. If there is no personal note, the corrected coordinates icon or the found icon are still not displayed. From my point of view it looks like the corrected coordinates or founds are simply not processed.

I am reporting what I see when I view the list from terratin's perspective. I see many of the caches with envelopes and none with puzzle piece icons. That's why I'm asking terratin for clarification, and with a specific GC code exhibiting her issue so that I can be certain I'm looking at the same cache(s) that she is.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, 2Abendsegler said:

yes, this one. I do get the icons when I sort by name, but not when sorting by distance. And this is true for every cache in this list.

50 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

I am reporting what I see when I view the list from terratin's perspective. I see many of the caches with envelopes and none with puzzle piece icons. That's why I'm asking terratin for clarification, and with a specific GC code exhibiting her issue so that I can be certain I'm looking at the same cache(s) that she is.

Ok, when you sort the list by name then there are many caches starting with #<number> Koetje Boe. Theose with number 13, 16, 36, 37, 52 are solved and have corrected coords. None of them show the corrected coords icon when sorting by distance and refreshing.

image.png.19681e3a5bd75bf9b8a935a8a23c984e.png

second image same caches sorted by name and refreshed

image.png.496887af5403f2a9fdfdcaed32860794.png