Setting an email address as primary removes it from the PQ and notification drop-down lists

Ranger Fox

In summary, if I made an email address my primary email address, it no longer displays in the email address drop-down lists on the notification and pocket query pages.

I added an email address, validated it, and made it my primary email address through /account/settings/emailpreferences.  I thought it odd it didn't show in the pocket query and notification UIs' email address drop-down list boxes.  Curious, I set as my primary email an address that has existed in that list for many years.  It, too, was removed from at least those two UIs' drop-down list boxes.  For testing's sake, I clicked to set as primary each of my other email address.  Sure enough, the drop-down lists on those pages are now empty.  It does not look as if I can create new pocket queries, but I can still edit and run the ones I have.  Due to the nature of the issue, I have not asked anyone else to reproduce it with their accounts.

For those wondering if it's a cookie issue, I can prove it's not by bringing up Edge, a browser I do not use and haven't visited the site with before.  I logged in using that browser and was unable to see any email addresses listed when I went to add or edit a pocket query.

I apologize for waiting more than two months to report this.  Honestly, I thought someone else would have reported it by now.

I have the same problem, tried switching  primary to one that has existed in the list for several years, have even created a new email address, set it as primary, all to no avail. The list with email addresses on the PQ remains empty. Trying to save a query results in an error message:

'ddlAltEmails' has a SelectedIndex which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items. Parameter name: value

I have the problem in Chrome and Opera and Firefox

Edited by Lady Linneke
Added browsers used for checking

This is still a problem on the pocket query and notification service pages.

Fortunately, despite seeing an error message about not having an email address selected when creating a pocket query, I'm still able to create a pocket query despite the email address error.  As for the notification service, I can't have notifications going to my cell phone anymore because I cannot select the text message email address because the drop-down list is still empty.

I'll post another reminder later if this is still not resolved.