Does stage two need posted coordinates?

MidnightBarbecue

2 hours ago, MidnightBarbecue said:

I'm placing a two stage multi cache on public property with permission. If the coordinates for stage one bring the cacher to a container, can that container hold a simple 'treasure map' for them to follow rather than actual coordinates?   

The final will be on the same small parcel, only a couple hundred feet away. 

I've found a number of caches where the first stage was identified by accurate GPS coordinates, and then later stages were identified in some other manner. A treasure map could work. So could a set of written instructions. So do offsets with a bearing and distance.

• Helpful 1

This is a fine design.  Meaningful GPS usage must constitute an integral part of the hunt for all caches, but it is not required for ALL stages of multiple-stage caches.

The reverse design is also a winner.  Follow clues or a treasure map to find stage one.  Then, inside stage one, there are GPS coordinates for a final stage with a logbook.

• Helpful 4
16 hours ago, MidnightBarbecue said:

I'm placing a two stage multi cache on public property with permission. If the coordinates for stage one bring the cacher to a container, can that container hold a simple 'treasure map' for them to follow rather than actual coordinates?   

The final will be on the same small parcel, only a couple hundred feet away. 

We've found a few similar, coordinates to the first stage, and from that stage project a waypoint.    

We don't like the idea of "treasure" and this hobby, but for kid's caches with swag, sounds like fun.   :)

• Helpful 1