Drafts: Editing defaults to first log type in dropdown

MrCachly

If a Draft is created, (this was tested using the API in Cachly) for the log type Write Note, when going to the website and editing that Draft, the website will default to the first log type in the list. In most cases Found It, but for owned caches it is Owner Maintenance.

For whatever reason, when editing the Draft the log type isn't being remembered and set as the selection.

1815077764_ScreenShot2020-12-09at4_00_01PM.png.c24e433833bf833f4754efbcb365b970.png

628631006_ScreenShot2020-12-09at4_00_16PM.png.f8e4a1e4cdc484ff1ab4f56897c532ea.png

I encountered this bug when logging a Write Note in Cachly and saving it as a draft. I share ownership of the cache with a friend and have not posted a Found It. He alerted me that I had accidentally logged a find. I was positive I had created a Write Note. I could recreate the bug that brings up the first item in the pop-up list on the web site when editing the draft.

NoteCombined.jpg

Edited by BethKatzPA

I reported this problem in July and Groundspeak would not acknowledge it and said it was a cachly problem. screen shots attached of report. 
The DNF log at the time came across correctly from cachly to Groundspeak  in the list view but when pressing compose it changed the type to a found.  I also noticed if it was a draft from a few days before it changed to the current date. I have just tested it again and have replicated the fault with the type changing. 

775D28BA-729E-40D0-B67C-8183D8844CCE.jpeg

77CE9412-3AAA-40E1-B4EA-F0D7DBAE7229.jpeg

• Helpful 2