Message center stays blank??

Birdie.NL

I am not seeing any problems using the Message Center today.  I tested using Chrome, Firefox, Edge (all on Windows 10) and the Official Geocaching App for iPhone.

It would be helpful if people experiencing the issue can indicate what operating system and browser/app they are using.

• Upvote 1

Forgot to log in before posting (like 10 minutes ago) in topic Top Menu (Settings / Help / Sign Out) mostly deadI hope the message did come across.

I mentioned several issues there, including this one (empty message center) and the drafts page not loading. Dashboard page is loading only left side (the column with menu items) of which quite a few don't work. Map page is still working. All I can do, is write a log. On most pages I cannot log out, but for the log page.

I've been experiencing these issues for over two days already

Your proposed work-around doesn't solve any of these issues. Not in Firefox, nor in Opera. Where do I go from here?

btw. Windows 10, Firefox 83 and latest Opera

Edited by reficior
16 minutes ago, reficior said:

Forgot to log in before posting (like 10 minutes ago) in topic Top Menu (Settings / Help / Sign Out) mostly deadI hope the message did come across.

I mentioned several issues there, including this one (empty message center) and the drafts page not loading. Dashboard page is loading only left side (the column with menu items) of which quite a few don't work. Map page is still working. All I can do, is write a log. On most pages I cannot log out, but for the log page.

I've been experiencing these issues for over two days already

Your proposed work-around doesn't solve any of these issues. Not in Firefox, nor in Opera. Where do I go from here?

btw. Windows 10, Firefox 83 and latest Opera

Try authorizing all categories of cookies (including Statistics and Preferences and Advertising). We are still working on a full solution. Thanks for your patience.

6 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

Try authorizing all categories of cookies (including Statistics and Preferences and Advertising)

Really? Thanks but no thanks. :rolleyes:

BTW, if I untick "Remove message center icon top right" in GClh the MC works and I block just about everything that can be blocked (NoScript, Ghosthery, AdBlock...)in FF 83 64bit.

Edited by on4bam

MC not working win10 Firefox 83.0  but is working with  Chrome - Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) ON THE SAME LAPTOP!!!  Seems to me to be a cache- clearing problem????

EDIT:  Sakletarna (the next message) is correct!  I just checked - I had the those different settings on my two different browsers!

Edited by yamutha
new information

This problem seems to be related to the cookie settings. When I unclick Advertising, the message center pages goes blank (tested Chrome, Edge, Firefox - same result in all).

For a quick fix: allow all cookie settings (choose the down arrow in the top right corner / Settings / Cookies / Change your consent / Allow all (i.e including Advertising).

However, this requires a permanent solution - we really don't like the idea of being forced to accept cookies for advertising purposes.

Edited by Sakletarna
  • Upvote 4

This issue was resolved by our engineers yesterday afternoon. The Message Center, Dashboard, Hide a cache page, and Drafts page will work now without having to accept more than necessary cookies. Thank you for your patience while we identified the issue and resolved it. 

You may need to do a hard refresh in order to see the pages properly.

Although this thread is more than a year old, I have currently the same problem: if I want to open the Message Center, the page stays blank and looks like the screenshot in the first entry in this forum. I have tried it on my computer as well as on my phone, but neither works. I suppose that it has again something to do with the cookies ...

Funny, exactly the same problem as one year ago is back, and it is the same cacher that reports it again. Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

Oh no, not again! I have exactly the same problem, and I've seen it before. Something with the cookie consent stuff. If I leave all the check boxes checked when I load the site, then message center works. Definitely not satisfactory, I routinely uncheck everything but necessary cookies and I have every intention to continue doing so.

• Upvote 1