Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
dayout4us

background on a cache page

39 minutes ago, dayout4us said:

how can i view background only on a cache page

Some browsers (or browser plugins) have a function to view the background image, or to view the background image in a new tab, or to view the URL of the background image, or something like that.

1 hour ago, dayout4us said:

how can i view background only on a cache page

In firefox -> right click on the background and then choose "show background image"

Universal method:

1. Right click anywhere -> view source

2. Now the combination "CTRL +F" which is for finding a specific text on the website.

3. Type in: background

This will find you the place in the code where the background is set, like this:

obraz.png.313ab19a9e71b00dd4af71b5f4b5f4c2.png

Now just click the link and there you have it!

• Helpful 1

16 hours ago, sernikk said:

Universal method:

1. Right click anywhere -> view source

2. Now the combination "CTRL +F" which is for finding a specific text on the website.

That's how you'd do it on a PC.  On a Mac, the Command key + F. sequence will view source,      I  have standard wireless mouse for a  PC on mine,  but  a mac doesn't come with mouse with a left and right button.  A "right click" can usually be done by selecting the Control key and clicking on the mouse.   Behaviour also depends on what browser and any extensions that might have been loaded a user is using.  In Safari, there isn't a menu item to view source or the background image.   I use Chrome with a developer extension to view source code. 

On 12/8/2020 at 7:10 AM, NYPaddleCacher said:

That's how you'd do it on a PC.  On a Mac, the Command key + F. sequence will view source,      I  have standard wireless mouse for a  PC on mine,  but  a mac doesn't come with mouse with a left and right button.  A "right click" can usually be done by selecting the Control key and clicking on the mouse.   Behaviour also depends on what browser and any extensions that might have been loaded a user is using.  In Safari, there isn't a menu item to view source or the background image.   I use Chrome with a developer extension to view source code. 

Macs have come with 2 button mice for more than a decade.

In Safari preferences, go onto the Advanced tab, and select Show Develop menu.  As well as adding the Develop menu, you can now right-click on the page and select Show Page Source.

I don’t know of an easy way to show the background image, but if you go into the Develop menu and select Show Page Resources, you can see all the images.