Jump to content

AL - 'Download completion statistics' link not working


Followers 1

Recommended Posts

I am aware that all you can see on the leaderboard page is the first 10 
However the link at the bottom of the Leaderboard page 'Download completion statistics' (image of the link below) which used to then download a CSV file - seems to be broken 
I have tried with various browsers - all get the same result - it takes me to a sign in / login page but once the details have been filled in and the 'sign in' button clicked nothing happens 
 

Has this function been disabled or is it just 'broken

 

Cheers

Timdownload.jpg.26ac714fb866be2bdb0b9812d10519ec.jpg

Edited by Deepdiggingmole
spelling corrections
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

I am aware that all you can see on the leaderboard page is the first 10 
However the link at the bottom of the Leaderboard page 'Download completion statistics' (image of the link below) which used to then download a CSV file - seems to be broken 
I have tried with various browsers - all get the same result - it takes me to a sign in / login page but once the details have been filled in and the 'sign in' button clicked nothing happens 
 

Has this function been disabled or is it just 'broken

 

Cheers

Timdownload.jpg.26ac714fb866be2bdb0b9812d10519ec.jpg

 

These stats shouldn't be called stats at all. It's a mess with no information whatsoever. But there is a different approach.

I'm giving you a link to a post of one of the users. I think that is what you are looking for :)

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, sernikk said:

 

These stats shouldn't be called stats at all. It's a mess with no information whatsoever. But there is a different approach.

I'm giving you a link to a post of one of the users. I think that is what you are looking for :)

 

 


Seems that both the ‘Download completion statistics’ (i.e. the link shown on the page) and the backdoor ‘StatisticsPlayer’ URL are both broken at the moment.

  • Surprised 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, IceColdUK said:


Seems that both the ‘Download completion statistics’ (i.e. the link shown on the page) and the backdoor ‘StatisticsPlayer’ URL are both broken at the moment.

 

Oh, that's a shame! This looks like they're working on patching this up :unsure:

Link to comment
On 12/3/2020 at 5:23 AM, IceColdUK said:


Seems that both the ‘Download completion statistics’ (i.e. the link shown on the page) and the backdoor ‘StatisticsPlayer’ URL are both broken at the moment.

Download Completion Statistics is working for me.  It's the player stats that still loops to credential screen.

 

Link to comment
On 12/3/2020 at 10:44 AM, sernikk said:

These stats shouldn't be called stats at all. It's a mess with no information whatsoever. But there is a different approach.

I'm giving you a link to a post of one of the users. I think that is what you are looking for :)


OK that backdoor approach (the work round given by IcecoldUK) doesnt work anymore - from my enquiries that took you to the same thing as the link I was referring to in the OP - namely it gave you a file to download

In the past I have downloaded that file and although 'its a mess of information' if you pasted this into excel and got rid of all the duplication - you would end up with some meaningful info - I had at one point (until these issues arose) a list of all (caching IDs) who had completed my tour, the date they completed etc. I was also able to establish who had completed part of the tour but not all and which ones they had done - I didn't need much more than this - though I do acknowledge that what is available for the CO to see and do compared to the main GC site is very poor. 

Link to comment

** Update ** just clicked on the 'Download Completion Statistics' and it is now working for me 

I tried the backdoor approach to see if that was working and still got the not being able to get past the sign in screen. 

 

However - it seems they have messed with the information you get out of that - 5 columns with no more information than that which you can see at the top of the leaderboard page - How many Participants, how many Adventures Completed, how many Locations Completed - no breakdown of who, what and when. Seems they have kicked that info into touch like they did the original download (when there were two downloads at the bottom of the leaderboard page) and probably because of GDPR 

 

so IMHO this has become a worthless download 

Edited by Deepdiggingmole
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, p0cy said:

Yes, I think that many people don't want that other ones could follow their location in (nearly) real time.

 

Okay, that's fine and I get it! So why don't they create a statistics file, which is going to be updated for example once every 24 hours, and is going to show who completed the labs, but without the timestamp? ;) That would already be enough!

Edited by sernikk
Link to comment
On 12/8/2020 at 11:54 AM, p0cy said:

Yes, I think that many people don't want that other ones could follow their location in (nearly) real time.

Yes I too understand that - but who follows any cacher in 'real time' especially on the Ad labs - there is no email trail and I am certainly not going to be on my computer refreshing the stats table every 5 minutes to see who might be doing the Ad Lab and then troll them !!!
In addition how is this any different to what happens on GC site proper - Many cachers now log out in the field and as they do each cache so more in 'real time' than with the Ad Labs - I know, for example, when cacher(s) are doing my trail and logging as they go round as I get the emails of their logs as they go 
Why is it that all the GDPR stuff such as movement, ID, activity etc etc is relevant for the Ad labs but not seemingly so for all logs on GC (obviously except those very small minority who ticked the stealth box) - you see far less with what goes on with the Ad Labs than you do with the GC site so to throw in GDPR seems crazy 

Edited by Deepdiggingmole
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Why is it that all the GDPR stuff such as movement, ID, activity etc etc is relevant for the Ad labs but not seemingly so for all logs on GC (obviously except those very small minority who ticked the stealth box) - you see far less with what goes on with the Ad Labs than you do with the GC site so to throw in GDPR seems crazy 

 

Perhaps because with regular caches you always have the option of logging from home hours, days, weeks, months or even years after you were at the cache, whereas ALs pretty much have to be logged in the field in real time. But I suppose if someone was that concerned about it, they could always create a separate account for doing ALs then they'd be completely anonymous.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 1
×
×
  • Create New...