Seattle+Bellingham+Vancouver(BC) Caching in Pandemic

christyotwisty

I read the Guidelines. This is controversial, but subject matter and tone meet the guidelines. Read if you must, and if you can't say something constructive, know that I'm imagining a broad range of unkind responses and you can't match or top any of those, so don't try.

I lived in Seattle when I started geocaching. I've met some of the Lackeys, my husband and I attended some events. My family and I moved to British Columbia in the fall of 2019.

In mid-March 2020 as everything was locking down due to the coronavirus pandemic, my husband of 25 years was diagnosed with metastatic late-stage pancreatic cancer. I continued

geocaching in Washington State this spring and summer while he had chemotherapy treatments in Bellingham. He died last month.

Some of you down in the Evergreen State have, I am confident, bookmarked challenges, puzzle caches here in British Columbia's Lower Mainland (by the way, did you know "West Vancouver" is not recognized by Geocaching HQ's autocompletion database as a place name?). I can tell you I have bookmarked challenges and solved puzzle caches in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, and King counties. I'm a Canadian citizen, always have been, and since my Green Card was surrendered and my Essential Travel reason and love of my life has passed on, I don't know if I'll get to those solved caches soon. I certainly can't get them now. You might be wondering likewise about your Vancouver-area ones.

If you're interested in "proxy signing" trades/swaps, do let me know privately.

I'm not an all-terrain geocacher, so please know your T3.5-T5.0 mountain- and island-placed caches are beyond my scope.

I am very sorry for the loss of your husband. I am glad you are still getting out geocaching.

I'm not interested in the proxy exchange at this time, but in the future will be doing a lot of caching in the Bellingham area if you want to drop by. That border won't stay closed forever. Likewise I plan on caching and exploring Canada more.  Let me know.

For me, one of the best parts of caching is exploring. I did a lot of exploring before I cached, and I love seeing new places, new areas, and learning and seeing new things. I can't wait to get up in Canada again.