Lost/Reward

Cactusjeep

I was there shortly after you. I didn't see it, but I'm willing to return for a search. How about some additional info to help narrow the search area? Was it possibly left near the cache, or did you lose it while hiking out? Which direction did you go when you left the cache? There is a deep ditch directly north and a smaller ditch joining it just west of the cache and wrapping around south of the cache. Did you cross any of these or did you initially head east to avoid the ditches? Did you park north or south of the cache? Do you know the approximate point you exited the woods?

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by Cactusjeep:

Lost Garmin GPSIII after finding Cordova Stash, GCE86D on 6-23-03. Please keep your eyes open for me! icon_frown.gif

I went out there the weekend after hearing about your loss. I looked for about 30 till I gave up and was half eaten by misquitos. I was just wondering it you think you set it down near the cache or while you were leaveing the cache area? Which way did you come in?

Also there are alot of nearby kids that ride these trails alot. Its possible one of them might of picked it up.

When I wrote to Cactusjeep the other day asking for some additional details, he responded with the following

quote:
Thanks for the offer! I've been back 3 times myself and no luck. Left cache and went south to 4wheeler trails, then followed trails to where it came out, then headed back north through woods to Fletcher Creek, and exited just south of bridge. I plan on returning within the week to try again. Also to grab coords. for sixth Buddha!! Look for me shadowing Lizard, white dodge truck with camo at the bottom.
I plan to do some cache hunting tomorrow morning; I'll try to do a walk through while I'm out. Sorry I can't join the fun on Saturday, but maybe I can get FTF on the GPS III tomorrow! If so, I'll be sure to post here.

Worldtraveler

quote:

I'll be at the trailhead at 8:30 Saturday morning. Anybody else gonna be there?

8:30 am? Thats early icon_smile.gif . How about a decent time like...1:30 pm when the sun is warm and the birds have stopped singing. When normal people are just waking up...you know after lunch. icon_razz.gif

OK see you at 8:30 am.

C'mon, guys! 8:30 isn't even early for me & I used to be a musician... Ok. When I was playing a lot, 8:30 would have been early. icon_wink.gif

If anyone has a travel bug that needs to go to the West Coast, I can take it in a couple of weeks. I'm going to visit the Mecca of Geocaching. Be looking for my Found It! log on the Un-Original Cache outside Portland. icon_cool.gif

Hope I don't come back with too many Portland Cache Techniques for y'all! heh heh heh

Hey Cachers just getting back online after a few days. Work, and 3 year olds Birthday party. Thanks for the response,I won't get out there till around 3pm. If ya'll are still in the area I'll stand ya to your favorite COLD beverage! If all else fails will try to catch up to everybody online tonite. THANKS!!! icon_smile.gif

Hey guys thanks a lot for looking! Wish I could have gotten there earlier tody just to meet everyone. Did see Rparnell today arter parking at his business without knowing. Chatted and retrived a missing TB. Missed seeing estorm at Shelby Farms this afternoon. I owe ya'll one!

Cactusjeep

Hey Cactusjeep,

I thought of something a while ago that can help us narrow the search area for your lost GPS III. If you have another receiver at your disposal, how about walking your original route from the cache to where you parked your car and then emailing the tracklog to whoever has time to search. If you don't have another receiver, perhaps I or someone else could meet you there. I wasn't able to make it to the "event" today, but I'll have some time Sunday afternoon or almost anytime Monday.

Worldtraveler