front page search is messed up

pfalstad

1. go to geocaching.com/play/search

2. click on search box where it says "City, state, coordinates, GC code..." then click "use my home location"

3. it brings up results, but notice the coordinates are a bit weird, they have ' instead of the minute symbol.

4. make any change to the filters and click search

5. now it brings up a page saying "0 results for..." and it shows the coordinates, but only the north, not the west.

the workaround is easy enough, just delete the weird coordinates in the search box before step 4.

• Helpful 1

Finally decided to check on this issue.  Glad (?) to see I'm not the only one.

For now - rather than using a cut-n-paste of the properly formatted coordinates

I'm jus searching on my city (not all that big -- so a difference on the search 

center of about a mile).

note:  I tried slightly change my home coordinates to see if a new / updated set would 

not be corrupted - but nope - still happens.  Home computer - lap top - Chrome / Edge

doesn't matter.

The engineers are aware of the issue and we hope for a fix soon. 

In the meantime, if you want to do a search based on your home location you can just press the green Search button, without adding coordinates.

search.PNG

It will return all caches in the world, sorted by distance from your home location (as you put into the settings). You can further refine the search by using the filters.

18 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

The engineers are aware of the issue and we hope for a fix soon. 

In the meantime, if you want to do a search based on your home location you can just press the green Search button, without adding coordinates.

search.PNG

It will return all caches in the world, sorted by distance from your home location (as you put into the settings). You can further refine the search by using the filters.

That's what I couldn't do before.  But it works now.  Thanks!

Unfortunately this bug still exists if I set my preferences to German! ? Both coordinates get a final "&#39" and next search doesn't work because it only contains the N coordinate. Cannot be reproduced if I set preferences to English. Chrome 87.0.4280.141 or Edge with Chromium engine 87.0.664.75.

Any updates to this? It's still happening here (Latest Firefox, but also older versions). At the moment I have to manually change the URL to meet my requirements.

My localization is Norwegian and changing to English language fixes to the problem

Edited by reybr