TB/Coin Remove from Inventory? Lock?

Aloha! & Wahine Eye Spy

Aloha All! Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered previously. I have been unable to find anything that quite explains my question. I have three TBs that will never be out of my possession. They are only taken to event caches for those that wish to discover them. Once the event is over and any wishing to discover have had the opportunity to do so, we remove them from the inventory. It's been quite some time since we've had the opportunity to attend an event but did so recently. We took the three TBs out of storage and dropped them in the cache for discovering. Now that the event is over and sufficient time has passed we would like to remove them from our listing of moveable items so as not to have false mileage added to them but our old button is gone!  Our choices seem to be "Missing" or "Lock". We understand "Missing" since we have had so many go that way but we don't know what the new-to-us "Lock" is all about. Can you help? What does the "lock" do and is there a way to store them that I don't accidently drop or visit them in other caches? Your assistance is appreciated.

Happy safe and stress-free holidays. Happy hunting!

Aloha! & Wahine Eye Spy

(aka Ann & Char)

The "Lock" function prevents further logs from being added to that TB. I read the guidelines about it but it isn't clear if it is reversible or not - hopefully someone in the know can tell us?

The reason for that function is if your TB's tracking code accidentally ends up on one of those lists of codes that people like to virtually log for some reason. You can potentially end up with hundreds of false "Visited" logs in your inbox every day. To stop that, it can be locked.

16 hours ago, Aloha! & Wahine Eye Spy said:

A Our choices seem to be "Missing" or "Lock". We understand "Missing" since we have had so many go that way but we don't know what the new-to-us "Lock" is all about. Can you help? What does the "lock" do and is there a way to store them that I don't accidently drop or visit them in other caches? Your assistance is appreciated.

Curious... are you confusing the "Actions"  section with "Add a log entry" under Trackable Options ?

Lock keeps a faker from logging it (those you haven't allowed Discover at events)  You can lock and unlock ...  :)

21 minutes ago, Unit473L said:

The reason for that function is if your TB's tracking code accidentally ends up on one of those lists of codes that people like to virtually log for some reason. You can potentially end up with hundreds of false "Visited" logs in your inbox every day. To stop that, it can be locked.

...And not to be confused with helpful virtual Discover logs...

We've notified many people, letting them know where we saw their trackable (and it's code) online.  Most appreciate it.

- Though most seem to be in the trackable's own gallery.   :)

Aloha Unit473L & cerberus1! First and foremost -- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  I do hope it's the tastiest one yet!

Thank you for defining the Lock selection. It seems to be a new-to-us name for what we believe was once called Retired, or some such thing. After reading your inputs I checked on our Kolohedog TB that we "retired" years ago once it had circled the world and actually been returned to us. Very cool. As I look at it now, it shows in our inventory but greyed out and having only an "Unlock" selection available under Actions. Seems to serve the same purpose. The only difference looks to be that under the older option the trackables did not show in your inventory as displayed on your profile/activity page but did in your listing, and they now do.  No biggie. As long as we can keep them from being logged outside of any event we may attend and drop them for discovering at those events then we're good. We're a bit funny about these three planisphere trackables - were gifts from the guy that made our coins. Very nice. The Lock button looks to be the answer. Thank you.

Now, as for discovering trackables that you've never seen or logging caches you've never found, we've never understood the reason. What's the point? So someone can say they have a billion finds? There's no winner in this game to my knowledge; just self satisfaction. The only reason I can see, outside of maliciousness, is with all the new challenge caches. Maybe someone requires 500 discoverables to claim a find on a particular cache. We wouldn't be able to log that one. That may be frustrating to some. We just did our first Wherigo and were surprised at the end to find six caches added vice one. That may explain how some cachers numbers have increased so drastically in a short time period. Do one and get 10. Wish my stock portfolio worked that way!  At least you have to be at least close to the mark to be allowed to answer - that's an interesting twist.

Summary: This is but a fun game that we enjoy doing around the world. We stopped creating TBs or sending our coins out due to the theft and loss. We'll happily retrieve, try to meet its goal, and move along trackables when we find what we perceive to be a safe cache though. Happy to help if possible. That's part of the fun! Thank you again for your help. And a very Happy Thanksgiving. Stay safe and stress-free during the holidays to come!

Aloha lee737! My apologies for the way past due response but I am just seeing this!  So sorry!  I would have to go back and look, which I will, to see if the TB is set to collectible. If I remember correctly, iffy, I don't believe we saw the Collectible ability which was one of the things that generated our question. We have since learned that the new-to-us Lock/Unlock function works as we wished. Locked the TBs we don't want anyone to log but can be unlocked should we desire. It seems to be the answer to our dilemma. We will check for the Collectible button once again though. Thank you for taking the time to respond. My apology again for taking so long to say so.