Not sure about this waymark

mr.volkswagen

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm13EE1_Split_Happens_Bowling_Center

I was looking at new waymarks and this one caught my eye because I live about an hour from it. I was checking out the waymark and was looking at the map on the side and noticed that it was not showing the city it was in. so I zoomed the map out and it shows its in China. so the coordinates are totally wrong all the images on the waymark are from the website.  The waymarker who posted it is the name of the waymark and they just joined today 11/23. The person who approved the waymark also show that he is the owner of the waymark. everything on this waymark is from the website.

something is definitely going on.

Edited by mr.volkswagen
41 minutes ago, mr.volkswagen said:

I was looking at new waymarks and this one caught my eye because I live about an hour from it. I was checking out the waymark and was looking at the map on the side and noticed that it was not showing the city it was in. so I zoomed the map out and it shows its in China. so the coordinates are totally wrong all the images on the waymark are from the website.  The waymarker who posted it is the name of the waymark and they just joined today 11/23. The person who approved the waymark also show that he is the owner of the waymark. everything on this waymark is from the website.

It looks to me like they just put E instead of W.  And the person who approved that waymark is the founder and leader of that category. 

Edited by Max and 99

This very nasty bug is still alive. I noticed that a waymark might have the right coordinates at the beginning, but if you change another variable it might also change East to West additionally. Of course I try to keep an eye on that, but from time to time I do minor changes to some of my older waymarks and don't realize that the coordinates were also changed. A good way to check it, is to open "My waymarks" and look at the tiny map in the upper right corner and go through every page of the own waymarks.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, mr.volkswagen said:

It's just an advertisement for the alley. Not the first time this has happened. The Wayfroggie could intervene BUT there's nothing that I know of that's actually offensive about it as a Waymark with respect to the rules and requirements, so I expect it will remain.