Northwest NC club??

Dixie's Crew

Hello Geocachers (Go Joey Here)

As for a club or group here in Asheville and sorrunding area We do not have a formal club or group what we have is a whole lot of really great people who showed up when i posted a geocachers meeting at a restauraunt in Lake Lure. Now we know each other and if we see each other on the trails we wave. Watauga and those areas are far to the north of us here. I suggest you find a place to meet and then post it as a cache event and watch the people come out of the woods and have a great time with a lot of good fellowship. We plan to have another meet in a couple of months and any geocacher from anywhere is welcome to attend thanks GoJoey & Bookworm1 icon_biggrin.gif

A CACHE A DAY KEEPS THE BLUES AWAY

I'm not aware of any either, but I sure would like to hear of one.

I live in VA (about 30 miles from Ashe Co. NC), and my Parents live near W. Jefferson. So I'm down that way from time to time.

Groundspeak Forums have lumped us folks from VA in with the NorthEast group. icon_confused.gif But NC is a lot closer than NJ for me! icon_biggrin.gif

I've been talking to some folks in this area also and trying to get an organized group together. I'd like to round up the folks from NW NC, East TN, and SW VA, and start an Appalachian Geocachers Group. Some of the most beautiful areas on the Appalachian Trail run right through these areas.

I've got 216 acres of mountain land that we might try getting together on this summer. We could camp and cache. (Great trout fishing nearby)Might be a good way to meet some other folks. I'm relatively new at geocaching myself, but I'm hooked!

Let me know if y'all might be interested. icon_wink.gif

I know that this has nothing to do with the topic, but I am looking for some help from a cacher in North Carolina. The Travelin' Cache is in the Nantahala National Forest. It is a cache that moves everytime someone finds it. For more information on how it works you can read on the cache page. Anyways, the cache has gone idle and I was wondering if someone would want to help it on its way. Thanks.

"At some point it became clear to us that our path had been chosen......So we stepped off the path, and went looking for the fortune that we new was looking for us." The Way of the Gun

Hello. I'm near Hickory. Keep me posted if anything develops as far as a club or gathering. I would be more interested in an occasional or seasonal gathering than monthly "meetings".

To team Rusch: I think your cache will move as soon as the weather improves a bit. We've been having snow storms about every 10 days to 2 weeks, and they usually mess up the weekends as far as caching goes. The trails are wet and slick right now. Not much caching has been going on in the mountains. I did find GeoRover #7 Sunday before last. It is a roving cache similar to yours. See: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=35014

Hope yours gets moving soon.

Old Joe Clark