Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
fbax

PQ email "Download now" links works; but no file downloaded

I access email via Chrome. Last week when I clicked "Download now"; Chromes downloaded the file but warned me it might be unsafe; I clicked "accept" and file was downloaded/available.

After another Chrome update; now when I click the "Download now" link; I see a new tab open and close. When I ask Chrome to reopen last closed tab; I see its the PQ download page. This suggests that the PQ download page was accessed; yet no file was downloaded. Anyone else see the same behaviour? I know I can go to the PQ download page and manually download a file; but that's a LOT more clicks than just clicking link in email. How to fix this?

Chrome Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I hadn't noticed this glitch, but based on this thread, I checked my version of Chrome and tried to download from the recent email. I'm using the same version of Chrome as listed (87.0.4280.66, Official Build, 64-bit), I too see the same behavior.  A tab appears to open and close, and nothing is downloaded.  

I typically don't download from the email though.  I usually go to geocaching.com and download from the PQ page, once I get the notifications and that works as expected, with no warnings about unsafe files. 

I too have noted this - it has only begun to happen in this last week 
I got the unsafe files messages but that is fine as you click on that and then the file downloads - but now I click on the download file - and........ nothing 

I too can find the download within GC but far prefer the email version for ease.