Release Notes

HoochDog

The coders are busy in the background making changes large and small. Only the most significant feature changes are deemed worthy of a release note.  The rest are left for us to unknowingly beta test. 

In the distant past changes were announced and discussed in the forums but the discussion often degenerated into criticisms of esthetics and priorities. (Why is there so much white space? Why do I have to scroll so much? Why did you add a new feature when feature X has needed fixing since forever?) Constructive comments were lost in the noise so announcements gradually decreased to what we have today, only major items. Opinions differ on what is major. 

4 hours ago, GeoTrekker26 said:

In the distant past changes were announced and discussed in the forums but the discussion often degenerated into criticisms of esthetics and priorities. (Why is there so much white space? Why do I have to scroll so much?

To be fair, those were more in relation to website updates (often claimed as trying to please mobile users over desktop users), not so much the mobile app itself.

But yes, on every platform there tends to be more criticism than praise.  Still not a good reason not to inform people what's been updated :) At least the major stuff.  There are more release notes posted for the website updates than the mobile app, to my knowledge.

That said, I see many mobile apps get updated without any details provided, other than merely referring to 'regular updates for bug fixes and minor improvements'.  It's kind of annoying, but you just have to trust that the changes made really aren't all that interesting (like typos, documentations, pixel adjustments, interface timings, etc).  AFAICR there haven't been many 'interesting' updates to the app for a while that aren't already known. *shrug*

I can understand not wanting to deal with the public with regard to priorities, but it would be nice to see more specifics on which bugs were fixed.  I reported a bug that might be fixed right now, but I'd have no way of knowing.  This particular one requires a complete uninstall/reinstall, so I'll just assume its broken until I read otherwise.