There is no image with that ID

The Snowdog

5 hours ago, The Snowdog said:

Hmmm. Geocaching was giving errors as well ("Something went wrong with this upload..." like that is really helpful). Rebooted everything and now it works. Go figure.

I do software support - my mantra sometimes...  Those who can, do; those who can't, REBOOT!!!  LOL  Glad you're working. 

On 11/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, The Snowdog said:

I get this error with every attempt to upload an image today.

NoImageWithThatID.png.65a745212eeb6c306a684b3721304630.png 

As a rule this can be ignored, as, in my experience, the images will usually upload, in spite of the error message.

Just continue on to the Submit Waymark page after uploading all your pix and you'll usually find that the pix have uploaded..

Keith

It seems to happen most frequently on images that have been downloaded from Waymarking or Geocaching. The geocaching site also occasionally chokes when trying to upload an image that was downloaded from their own servers. The fix is to load the image into whatever your favorite image software might be and re-save it under a different name; the new copy always uploads just fine.

Well yippee this error has returned tonight (and I have been posting waymarks steadily for the last week) and none of my tricks (rebooting, resaving jpg as png, et cetera) has worked. I even went to an earlier waymark and tried to upload an image that had I successfully uploaded earlier today and get the same thing, so it must be something going on with the web site.

Posted (edited)

Pulled out a second laptop and I get the same error on that one, with entirely different images Then I tried it using the cell phone browser (which I have never done before) and yep exact same error. I have also rebooted my main system multiple times and also cleared all of my Waymarking cookies. But that it happens on three different systems must mean something. So there must be something up with the site tonight. Or perhaps my account is fried. Who knows.

Edited by The Snowdog
Posted (edited)

Looks like we are back in action; a lackey replied to the other thread. But I always take these outages as grim reminders as to how foolish it is to have a hobby that you're passionate about that is utterly reliant on someone else's server.

And, yes, I'm still pretty bitter about what happened with benchmarking. All those logs... gone forever...

Edited by The Snowdog
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, The Snowdog said:

Looks like we are back in action; a lackey replied to the other thread. But I always take these outages as grim reminders as to how foolish it is to have a hobby that you're passionate about that is utterly reliant on someone else's server.

And, yes, I'm still pretty bitter about what happened with benchmarking. All those logs... gone forever...

I agree completely.

Same thing here. Posted a request to HQ, Got this reply, "In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com, it was necessary to shift dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support. Please try posting your question on the Waymarking forums. These forums are monitored and can usually provide you with the best support." So apparently we are on our own.

Posted (edited)

That's kind of sad. They got me hooked on benchmarking, and abandoned that, and said "just post them on Waymarking." And they got me hooked on Waymarking and I expect that won't last much longer either.

Edited by The Snowdog
  • Upvote 1

OK, thank you for your message :-)

However, I don't understand what our community is supposed to do about it on the forum?

==============

I can confirm that upload is now working.

Edited by ToRo61
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1